Thread: Activex will not work on Windows 7 using Internet Explorer 8

Activex will not work on Windows 7 using Internet Explorer 8

I have Internet Explorer 8 in my laptop in which I am facing some problem related to Activex in my windows 7 . My Activex will not work. When using Internet Explorer 8 and access to a website, the browser prompts me to install the ActiveX application to operate properly. However, some applications change the browser settings; causing the entire ActiveX content is blocked. So please tell me what I have to do to Unlock ActiveX Internet Explorer 8 so please tell me some solution to get solve my issue.

Re: Activex will not work on Windows 7 using Internet Explorer 8

When using Internet Explorer 8 and access to a website, the browser prompts you to install the ActiveX application to operate properly. However, some applications change the browser settings; causing the entire ActiveX content is blocked.
    Fortunately, with Internet Explorer 8 have the option to manually adjust the settings of security. Follow the steps below will say, to change this setting:
    Step 1 – go to Internet Explorer 8, Press on "Tools" after that "Internet Options"
    Step 2 - Then Press on the tab "Security" is in this tab, Press the key "Custom Level" to alter the level of security that you permit your browser to Internet sites.
    Step 3 - Scroll down to "ActiveX controls as well as plug-ins." The default setting is "Disable" where you have to Press as well as set as "Enable."
    If when surfing the web, you realize that ActiveX is not yet running on the sites you've marked as "trusted" returns to the initial settings by pressing the "reset" in the same option of "Custom Level.” This will restore the initial values, including the ActiveX settings to this you have to fully close the browser, and open a new one.

ActiveX controls are a set of technologies created by Microsoft for creating interactive web sites. Such controls provide maximum functionality and flexibility, so that many software developers, including malware industry, decided to take advantage. In Internet Explorer 8 that has been enhanced to offer even more flexibility. Now permits the user to decide which sites you trust to download ActiveX controls, and as well to specify on which ActiveX controls you would like to do this. In addition, this setting is not global, but is independent for each user of the system, allowing each user to apply a specific configuration.

By default, Internet Explorer 8 will notify you when a Web site to install an ActiveX utility to display or function correctly. Though, some software applications security alters the configuration of Internet Explorer, making the entire ActiveX settings is blocked. Luckily, Internet Explorer 8 lets you manually alter the security settings for ActiveX.
    Steps to unlock ActiveX Internet Explorer 8
    1. Start Internet Explorer 8.
    2. Press "Tools", after that "Internet Options".
    3. Now Press on the "Security" tab.
    4. After that Press on the key "Custom Level."
    5. Go down to "Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins" The default for this value is "Enable." If you locate that ActiveX is allowing untrusted sites, Press the Reset key to reset all advanced settings back to their default values, including ActiveX, as well as after that restart your browser.

If you want to avoid that annoying browser warning, this informs us that we do not have ActiveX enabled or installed to view the content of the page you seek. I had the ActiveX control 'Shockwave Flash' enabled for all websites, so I Pressed on "Remove all sites" to only allow web sites that interest me. Once deleted the list of trusted web sites, when accessing a website that asks us to use this control, we will get a warning indicating the choice to load the control in that domain by Pressing 'Run Add-on' or in all fields by Pressing on 'Run Add-on on all websites.

In the Internet options can be found on the Security tab after pressing the button "Custom Level .." for the appropriate zone options for the handling of ActiveX controls. Probably install the shift knob for ActiveX controls and run it on "Disable" instead of "Confirm" is set. If you service your page as Trusted Sites stage (green check mark, enter in Suites address), then you can handle in the future by appropriate choice of the tiresome demand.