Thread: Not able to modify Internet explorer 8 Toolbar in windows vista

Not able to modify Internet explorer 8 Toolbar in windows vista

I am having problem while I am modifying my Internet Explorer 8 toolbar. While I right press as well as open "Customize", the "Add or Remove Commands" choice is grayed out. In addition, at what time I right press as well as unlock the toolbars, I am not able to move everything. I am utilizing windows Vista in my dell laptop. So if anybody knows what I have to do to solve this issue. Can anybody assist?

Re: Not able to modify Internet explorer 8 Toolbar in windows vista

Toolbar for Windows Internet Explorer 8 is the element that allows the display of various features of your browser. These features are grouped into a block and can be enabled or disabled with a single mouse Press. The toolbar is accessible from the Tools menu of Windows Internet Explorer 8. The following manipulations show you how to display or hide menus: Press the "Tools" menu then "Toolbars". A shortcut menu appears, allowing you to enable or disable different toolbars.
    By default, the menu bar is not selected.
    • Enable or disable the menu bar
    • Activate or deactivate the pane favorites
    • Enable or disable command bars
    • Enable or disable the status bar
    • Lock toolbars
    • Customize Toolbar

Here's how to customize the toolbar:
    1 - Close all Internet Explorer windows in use.
    2 – Press on "Start" "Run ..." then provide "gpedit.msc" and press "OK" to access the Group Policy.
    3 - Deploy as follows:
    • User Configuration
    • Windows Settings
    • Internet Explorer Maintenance
    • Browser User Interface
    On the right side of the Group Policy window, double Press on the parameter "buttons on the toolbar of the browser.
    4 - Press on "Add" and enter the fields as below to add the button "Notepad", then Press "OK" to apply the changes.
    5 - To add additional buttons, repeat step 4, otherwise close the Group Policy.
    The change is immediate, new icons appear when opening Internet Explorer.

The problem may take place because of some installed “Add-Ons”/toolbars or altered Internet Explorer settings. I would advise you to Run Internet Explorer 8 in "No Add-Ons" mode. Internet Explorer 8 add-ons, for example ActiveX controls as well as browser toolbars, are utilized by a few Web sites to give an better browsing experience. An error may happen if an add-on is spoiled or if an add-on clash with Internet Explorer 8. To establish whether the error is because of an add-on, you have to run Internet Explorer 8 in "No Add-Ons" mode.

You can choose which features to display on the toolbar of Internet Explorer 8. To make simpler the toolbar, you be able to take out images, make images smaller or take out the text labels displayed next to the icons. Customize the toolbar: Press the right mouse key (mouse) in standard toolbar as well as then Press Customize. In the Text options list, Press No text labels to take out. In the Icon options list, Press Small icons to alter the defaults. The present Toolbars list, Press the entire the icons you would like to remove, as well as after that Press Remove. To keep your changes, Press again with the right mouse key (mouse) on the toolbar as well as choose the check box Lock Toolbars.