Thread: about:Tabs page not opening in internet explorer 8

about:Tabs page not opening in internet explorer 8

When I click on new tab in internet explorer 8 web browser, I installed this browser in just few weeks back, the about:Tabs not loading. Instead of flash any web page it shown to me that "The webpage cannot be displayed". I searched almost every where of getting any information or solution for this problem, but did not found any idea on this. So I am posting my problem here. Is there anyone having any idea regarding this topic? In clearly I am not able to access internet in internet explorer 8. Any input will be appreciated greatly.

Re: about:Tabs page not opening in internet explorer 8

I suggest you to reset the browser for that open the browser application window, from the tool menu bar option click on reset button. It will first ask you to remove the browser history other setting of the browser. I recommend you don’t remove them and go for the reset process. It will might take few minute to complete the process, after the completion of the process restart the browser and then try to open the new tab and access web page.

I am also facing similar issue, in my Internet explorer 7 web browser, installed in my acer aspire laptop , which is running with windows XP. the problem is, whenever I tried to open new tab. The browser simply freezes for few minute and along with this also the browser stopped working, with the stooped working error message. Every time I need to close the browser either click on stopped the program or from the background of the machine. I am just feel disappoint with this, can’t able to resolve this issue. What should I do now? Any suggestion for this problem will be helpful for me very much.

For the above problem that you mentioned I recommend you to reload the browser, in some of the cases I found that for some of the similar type of problems, by reload the browser the problem is solved. So I recommend you to go for this technique. For that first of all remove the existing one and along with this also remove the windows collaborating file and restart your machine, though is not required. Now run the fresh reinstallation process. Try with this, it will surely help you.

After applied the above processes and still you are not able o figure out the problem then there is only solution is present for this problem that you mentioned in your post. Simply reload the browser. this is the final and ultimate solution as per my opinion. For that either you can remove the existing one and then go for the fresh installation or run the installation program, at first it will ask you to remove the existing one, remove that along with this also remove the windows version containing files of that browser from temporary folder and from the registry editor, then it might be require for reboot the machine. Do this; the problem will surely be solved.