Thread: Opera saves the PDF file as HTML

Opera saves the PDF file as HTML

I have this Opera Browser here in my case and I just want to know what can be done here so that I can have the documents to be saved here. I have seen that when I try to open up the PDF file or try to open the save the same then it saves it in the HTML format. I just do not want this and will like to know what can be done here so that the issue can be solved here. I had not seen this issue with the earlier version of Opera but I have seen this issue with this very version of the Opera 11 and would like to know what can be done here so that the issue can be solved here. Will be really happy to have the issue solved. Please let me know if I will have to go back to the earlier version of the Opera so that the things can be done in the proper manner.

Re: Opera saves the PDF file as HTML

Well I think that you know the issue and you know the solution as well. SO if you really want to have the Browser to function in the proper manner then just have the standard version of Opera installed in your case and I think that Opera 10.63 will be the best one to go with at the moment. You can get the current version of the Opera uninstalled and then you can simply have the Opera 10.63 installed on the system. Hope that you will not have the trouble with this very version of Opera. You will be required to have the set up file installed again for the installation.

It seems to me that there is some issue with the MIME settings there and hence you are having the issue. If you want to have the issue of yours solved then you can have it done in the simplest manner by removing of moving operaprefs.ini so that the things here can reset. In addition to this if you have made some changes to the Preference option then it will be great if you can make the necessary amendments there. Make this necessary changes and see if you can have the document getting saved in the proper manner. Let me know about the same.

I really think that the issue that you are having is because of the Opera Browser there. This very version of Opera is buggy and you are about to get this type of bugs. I have already been with this issue and I just deleted the C:\Program Files\Opera\operaprefs_default.ini file. But then also the browser was not able to save the PDF file in the required format. I think that switching back to the older version of Opera will really make the difference. Let me get notified if you were able to get any workaround or if you did as I said and were able to have the PDF file saved as PDF.

Actually you did not see the post there properly and hence you are having the issue there. The file that you deleted from C:\Program Files\Opera\operaprefs_default.ini was not the one that you had to delete and you will be required to delete the file called as operaprefs.ini. This file holds the Custom Settings and once you get rid of this folder then you will be able to have Opera working in the desired manner. You will be able to see the same in the profile folder you will not at all be able to see the same in the program folder. If you want you can take the help of this link there and can find the folder there. PROFILE FOLDER. Make sure that you open this link only with the Opera Browser or else you will not see the link getting opened.

You can see for some other browser and I really think that going with the other browser will really help you with the scenario there. All you have to do is try the things and the links that you have on the Opera link open the same on the Firefox and see if you can have the document saved in the required format. In addition to this if you want you can simply use the save as option instead. When it asks you to save the file then you can choose the PDF for the same there. I think that this will really make the things installed in the proper manner.