Thread: Internet Explorer 8 not running in Windows 2000 Service pack 4

Internet Explorer 8 not running in Windows 2000 Service pack 4

I properly installed internet explorer 8 browser in my windows 2000 Service pack 4 compatible Compaq Presario notebook. The machine I recently downgraded from windows XP to this windows platform. I basically use my notebook for internet access and for some of the home entertainment purpose. The machine is running fine with almost all of its features and the functions, but not able to run IE8 browser, it does not shows any error massage, by which I can calculate the problem. Simply screen freezes for few minute and then “Internet explorer stopped working” pop up message, and shuts down automatically. What to do now? How o make as run able? Any information or idea regarding this problem? Any input will be appreciated greatly.

Re: Internet Explorer 8 not running in Windows 2000 Service pack 4

Is the browser version is compatible with the widows version that you are using in your notebook? Because I was also facing similar issue, I installed software; at the time of installation it does not show me any information regarding the compatibility or the support. So there no way to got any problem. But I was not able to run the browser program. After that I also go through various processes and then found that the browser version is not compatible with my OS version. so I also suggest you check whether you are using the correct one or not.

Reload the browser application in your machine, where as I had similar issue, I searched everywhere for the solution and among then also applied many tricks, but nothing was helped me. Then I simply go for reload process. For that first of all remove the existing one along with this also remove other files of this browser from the temporary folder and from the registry editor. Now go for the fresh installation of the earlier or with the update version. Try with this; I hope it can be help you to resolve the problem.

As per my knowledge regarding this type of problems I suggest you run your machine in safe mode and then try to open the browser in that mode. If you are still occurring the similar issue then it is sure that the browser is not support by the OS version that you are using. You need to go for the desire browser version which is compatible with the operating system. Along with this, if you are able to open the browser but not able to access that one then go for reset the browser process.