Thread: Does stopping the Data Execution Prevention service can effect my surfing

Does stopping the Data Execution Prevention service can effect my surfing

DEP is still hard to understand. Like for example I get in a folder or try to launch a program. But the same crashes and a message appears that this program has stopped working. I found some of my programs getting crashed and I can do nothing much in that. The first thing I want to know is that how can I disable the option in SP2 DEP Execution Prevention). The register will prevent namely the installations of software that uses a. ocx file. I have problems when running programs in Windows operating system or Windows Server programs, and possibly stop for no reason just immediately after the start of their own accord, it could be due shortly from the DEP for sure. What you suggest for that.

Re: Does stopping the Data Execution Prevention service can effect my surfing

DEP is a service for your convenience and if you do not want that you can stop it. It is a protection service but can cause issue in your system. This function is intended to prevent writing code in some areas of Windows usually reserved for the storage of non-executable data. So that is a bit complicated thing to figure out. I will show you the way to disable this. For that right click on My Computer and then click on Properties > Advanced. Later on you will need to go to System Protection. At the left side you can see Advanced system settings. Sometime the scan can be found in Performance > Settings > DEP. From here you can manually configure this and run the same as power you need.

It is also possible to disable DEP once and for all. And that is not going to effect your system performance. For that right click on My Computer > Properties > Advanced and then go under Startup and Recovery. Then click on Settings. Now click on Edit and you can see a notepad file. Simply replace the line: noexecute = noexecute = optin by AlwaysOff. Do not forget to reboot your system so that all the settings are in effect. If you want to reactivate the DEP then you just need to do the reverse of this. You have to add noexecute = noexecute = optin by AlwaysOff on your system.

I am using Windows Vista and I have some solution by which I can disable this by command prompt. This is the most suitable solutoin I think can work here. The problem is that Vista should be an administrator to use some command prompt. Run cm dand then give the following command - bcdedit.exe / set {current} nx AlwaysOff. Once done hit enter and reboot your system. Reboot to complete your action and the DEP will be completely disabled.T he installation of an application, a driver or any file of registering invalid key in the registry can create the kind of disappointment. There are also defective memory problems which are sometimes the cause of the DEP panic.

It is true to say that DEP was very annoying in Windows XP in comparison to Windows Vist. The same has blocked the windows explorer for example. I thought this might be due to virus thing. There are two options that are available to you to disable DEP. The first is by using VistaBootPro. You just need to install it. Then start and click on Advanced Settings button in the list you selects your installation of Vista, and you uncheck the DEP. That is done and reboot your system. There is one more way by which this can be fixed. For that press Windows + R and then run cmd. typing cmd and hit enter you. Type command bcdedit-set {current} nx AlwaysOff and reboot.

Data Execution Prevention is simply a safety feature that comes in Windows XP with Service Pack 2. The program monitors program or file during execution, to ensure that you have access to clean the storage areas. If a program tries to program code on a non-permitted access or way to access it, the program is terminated by DEP. In this case it may happen that by DEP also allowed programs stop error to be terminated with one. DEP runs in the software and hardware mode. This DEP can also run in hardware mode, this function must be supported by your processor. If the processor does not support DEP, DEP is only running in software mode and hardware mode is not available.