Thread: Connect internet to laptop with Blackberry

Connect internet to laptop with Blackberry

I am using the Blackberry phone and that is very good phone to use. I am also having the laptop that is having the Verizon's 3G network. But they are charging $30 per month and I don’t want to pay that and that is the reason that I need to make use of my BlackBerry phone as the modem for my laptop but problem is that, I do not know the way to do that. Can you please tell me the exact way to do that? I don’t have any idea regarding this. One of my friends told me that it is possible but he was also not very sure about that. So I am leaving the thread here so that I can get answer from you people. Thank you.

Re: Connect internet to laptop with Blackberry

It is very simple to do that. First of all, you will have to confirm that your BlackBerry is attached through USB cable, and the BlackBerry Handheld Manager is running. You will just have to open BlackBerry Desktop to execute it. This is required meant for using BlackBerry like an outside modem. You cannot make use of BlackBerry like a modem except you contain BlackBerry Handheld Manager executing in the background. Note that for a Bluetooth modem connection taking place fresh Curve devices the BlackBerry Manager don’t comprise to run within background intended for the connection to function. You require just coupling your laptop as well as the Curve.

If you have installed a current edition for the BlackBerry Desktop which came by means of a 7100t, 7290, 7250, otherwise 7520, it should comprise modem drivers plus previously be mechanically installed. In the occasion you require to yourself install them, the modem drivers must be positioned in the directory given: C:\program files\Common Files\Research in Motion\Modem Drivers. Though, if you are having troubles by means of these drivers then uninstall, remove the entire leftover RIM files and after that install the newest edition of BlackBerry Desktop once again.

If you are using the Windows XP in your computer then you will have to do the following to add a fresh Internet Connection. Close all the other windows that are opened and then to create a new connection, click on Start -> Connect To -> Show all connections -> Create a new connection. This will open a new connection wizard in front of you. Here you will have to click on Next button. Now choose "Connect to the Internet" and after that Next. Choose "Set up my connection manually" afterward Next. Choose "Connect using a dial-up modem" followed by Next. And finally click on the finish button to exit the wizard. I wish that this will help you.

There is one more important thing that you need to consider.
    Confirm that TCP/IP Properties (Advanced tab) "Use IP Header Compression" checkbox is unchecked. To confirm this, perform these steps:
    1. Go to start Menu > Network Connections->"BlackBerry Modem".
    2. Click on the Properties Button.
    3. Select the Networking Tab.
    4. Choose the "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)".
    5. Click on the Properties Button.
    6. Click on the Advanced Button.
    7. Uncheck the "Use IP header compression" checkbox.
    8. Click on every OK buttons to shut all dialogs

Also confirm that you clear every of these checkboxes, if you observe some of these checked: