Thread: IE9 Error: Setup could not start

IE9 Error: Setup could not start

I am making use of Internet explorer 8 on my windows 7 system. But yesterday I thought to upgrade it to internet explorer 9. When I run the set-up utility it ask me to download several extra hot fixes as well as after that when I re-run the installation. The progress bar goes up to 20% and after that gives error "could not start setup". I have attempted it more than three times but each time I receive the same error message. I was not able to rectify it, if you have any idea or suggestion regarding to this please let me know. Thank you for your valuable suggestion.

Re: IE9 Error: Setup could not start

Make certain that minimum operating system necessities are met. Internet Explorer 9 has a minimum necessity for the subsequent operating systems:
    • For Windows Vista (x86 as well as x64) with Service Pack 2 (SP 2) or else afterward versions
    • For Windows 7 (x86 as well as x64) or else afterward versions
    • For Windows Server 2008 (x86 as well as x64) with Service Pack 2 or else afterward versions
    • For Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 or else afterward versions
    I will advise you if you are running Windows Vista or else Windows Server 2008 with a service pack which is previous than Service Pack 2, install the most recent service pack.

Make certain that Internet Explorer 9 Installation basics are installed on your system. Internet Explorer 9 attempts to install software basics automatically. When installation of the basics is unsuccessful, Internet Explorer 9 does not carry on through the installation. If this is the situation in your case then please install the basics manually. Earlier than you attempt to install Internet Explorer 9, make certain that installation of additional updates or else a system reboot is not waiting. If there is an update installation in movement, allow the installation end earlier than you attempt to install Internet Explorer 9.

• Turn off antivirus as well as antispyware. To accomplish this, right click on the appropriate icon for the anti-spyware or else antivirus software on the system tray. After that click Exit or click Disable.
    • When the anti-spyware as well as antivirus is disabled, attempt to install Internet Explorer 9 once more.
    • When you install Internet Explorer 9 is finished, re-enable the anti-spyware as well as antivirus.