Thread: Download items are not saved into default folder in internet explorer 8

Download items are not saved into default folder in internet explorer 8

Whenever I download any file by the using of internet explorer default download manager, it does not save into the default browse folder, Which I selected as the default download content save folder. I found this problem when in the last night I download a pdf file, it shown to me that the file download is complete, but when I enter into the downloaded folder, the file was not showing in that folder. Where it gone? I search in my system but did not found, I tried by download the same file again and again, but every time I face similar issue. I am using a Compaq notebook, running with windows vista OS. What should I do now? Any input regarding this will be very much helpful for me.

Re: Download items are not saved into browse folder in internet explorer 8

Change the save download path location, this I was also faced few months ago, but can’t get any result on this, that hwy this happens. But by changing the folder location, I can easily overcome from the problem. so open the destination ping to the tool menu bar option, and from there open options, in that window, look for the destination option, browse and select another folder, better don’t choose on that driver, where the previous folder is located. Chose and make it as the default download content saved folder. Try with this.

I would like to recommend you to reset the browser application, though I am sure that the problem is for the browser, but whereas the problem is occurring while you are saving any content file, so it can be for the browser application. Open tool menu bar from the browser window, and choose reset internet explorer option. From the reset window, click on reset option, and terminate the process, wait till the process completes. Restart the browser; now try to save any downloaded content at your default saved folder.

Though you are not able to save any download file in your machine though internet explorer, did you tried to save the file those care downloaded from another browser application? If similar issue is occurring in that browser also then I think the problem is for any virus effect for that I recommend you to full scan the machine with an up to date antivirus program. along with this also tried to open the file from download window, for that click on download option from tool menu bar option and select download option, it will open the download window, from there right click on the downloaded file and select open containing folder, this will proceed you to downloaded file, if the default folder is changed somehow, then by this process you will be able to locate the file from new location in your system