Thread: Internet Explorer 8: Disabling Backspace KEY to works as Back button

Internet Explorer 8: Disabling Backspace KEY to works as Back button

Well I am currently used Internet explorer 8 on my computer. I have also installed Windows 7 on my computer. Well I can use disable the functionality of backspace key as same hitting on the back button of the browser. In short I want to make backspace key as backspace only. I have searched on Google to get more information regarding this particular problem. but it did not help me at all. If you are having any solution please post here as soon as possible.

Re: Internet Explorer 8: Disabling Backspace KEY to works as Back button

Well looking at the situation I am suggesting something which you can apply and see whether it helps you or not. I am suggesting you that you should try with pressing Alt and Right arrow key . Well using this shortcut you will be able to move to previous page and simply keep the cursor at the position where you were typing earlier. You have to left click and you must use backspace bottom. Every time you to do this before making use of backspace otherwise it will result into problem. I am hoping that it will help you.

I am not a professional guy but I think I know something which will help you to better understanding the situation. Well as far as no one can either edit or delete by default shortcut keys of the Internet Explorer which is natively provided. I am not sure but you can use third party application software to solve this issue. Well personally I don’t recommend this third party application software since by installing this software might cause instability on your system.

I want to say thanks to all of you for replying me with your ideas. Well installing third party application is neither option nor a solution. I have also seen that this is problem was occurring after releasing of Internet Explorer 7. Hence I think I am not only one who is talking about this particular problem. I am hoping that Microsoft will soon workaround this annoyed situation to get rid out of this problem.

Well I let you know this is a hot key function which is provided by the operating system which you are using currently. This is not kind of a problem which is usually suffered by the Website Designer. If you can look on you system and search for Microsoft preset 'General Keyboard Shortcuts where you will see Backspace where you will see ‘View the folder one level up in My Computer or Windows Explorer’. Hence I conclude that there is nothing which you can apply to change or remove this particular option from your computer. Anyway I will let you know if I come across with any solution.