Thread: How to connect ps3 to the internet from the laptop having Vodafone mobile dongle

How to connect ps3 to the internet from the laptop having Vodafone mobile dongle

I have a very strange question that I have decided to ask this from you all. Well the questions is something that I am unable to connect to the internet from my laptop to the ps3. I have a Vodafone mobile dongle at the right end screen of the laptop. Well the problem is that I am unable to connect my ps3 to the internet. Si this the problem sue to the vodafone mobile dongle present in the laptop or something else? Do let me know? Since I have tried using different Ethernet cables and all the attempts have failed. So that’s when id decided to ask this query from you all. So anyone who is having some appropriate solution for the problem then do let me know as soon as possible.

Re: How to connect ps3 to the internet from the laptop having Vodafone mobile dongle

Well the answer for your question is quite simple. Well what you have to do is make some changes to the settings of the network connections. Do follow the steps that I am giving you right now.
    1) Once you connect the Ethernet cable to the computer then from there you will have to go to the control panel.
    2) From the control panel go to the network and sharing center, then manage network connections.
    3) Right click on it and go to the properties, after that select the sharing option, having done that select the option ‘allow other users to connect through this computers internet connection’.
    4) After having done that go to the ps3 and do the same changes there and do not forget to change it to the wired connection from the wireless connection.
    Do follow this steps and you might get with the solutions. Do let me know if it works or not.

Re: How to connect ps3 to the internet from the laptop having Vodafone mobile dongle

Hey thanks for the quick suggestion that you have given. Well let me tell you that I have followed all the steps that you have given here. After doing all the steps a message appears in the system saying that the ip address i was successfully obtained but again it is showing the message of failed connection. I don’t know what is the problem here. I thought this step would be the perfect solutions but still it is not giving me any perfect solution. It also gave me an dns server error. So anyone of you who can find the source of the problem here then do let me know.

Well I think so the problem here would be with the dns connection. Well what you have to do is manually setup the connection in the system. All the settings for the dns should be set In automatic. Now you have to go to the ps3 and there you have to go to the network settings and from there manually enter the address. After that go to the laptop, select the Vodafone mobile connect and from there go to the network settings and then add the same address that you had specified in the ps3. After that you will have to enable the sharing option under the network sharing option. Having done that reboot your laptop for the settings to be saved and after that try with the connection again and you might get the desired result. So I hope you have got the appropriate solution here.

It seems that i am almost done. I have followed your above instructions and i was able to get the connection here. Now i am successfully able to connect the ps3 to the internet. I did manually put the dns address in both the systems and surprisingly after a simple reboot of the system, it has worked for me. So thanks a lot for your help. Your advise has really worked for me and now i am successfully able to connect my ps3 to the internet and i can download some games and start playing them as early as possible.