Thread: Cannot remove Qwest branding from Hotmail

Cannot remove Qwest branding from Hotmail

I changed from Qwest to Comcast however have not been capable to understand how to take out the Qwest branding on the entire of the Windows Live services containing Hotmail. The whole thing works well however I do not require Qwest items messing up my Microsoft services. This is self-determining of browser edition as well as type. Any thoughts how to take out just the Qwest branding?

Re: Cannot remove Qwest branding from Hotmail

I advise attempting to utilize the Reset Internet Explorer Settings from Control Panel, for that you have to follow these steps:

1. Exit the entire programs, containing Internet Explorer (if it is running).
    2. If you make use of Windows XP, you have to press on Start, in addition to afterward go to Run. You have to Type the inetcpl.cpl command in the Open field, as well as then hit ENTER.
    3. Press the Advanced tab.
    4. In Reset Internet Explorer settings, press Reset. After that press Reset again.
    5. While Internet Explorer end resetting the settings, you have to press Close in the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog field.
    6. Then you have to Start Internet Explorer again.

You might attempt this to solve this issue:
    1. You first of all have to go to Internet Options and then Advanced and after that permit active content to run in files in My Computer after that you have to attempt checked as well as unchecked. One or the other may effort.

2. Then Navigate to:
    C:\windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil9b.exe
    Run the .exe as well as this will run an update. Following going it my Flash issues were gone.

3. Run the uninstaller again. Right-press the Internet Explorer image as well as run Internet Explorer as administrator previous to going back to Adobe to reinstall Flash.

Hope this assists,

I too have the similar issue. My live account was in utilize before opening an account by means of Qwest, as well as made the fault of giving them with the live account as my email address while I opened a DSL account with them. Without telling me it would change, the account began showing Qwest branding. At what time closed the Qwest account I inquired the representative how to turn it off as well as they said Microsoft would observe the live account no longer related with Qwest as well as that the branding would be automatically be turned off. 4 months later still there, as well as it is not a local problem as still observe it with a wiped system as well as fresh install of o/s.