Thread: Some Wikipedia links do not open In internet explorer 8

Some Wikipedia links do not open In internet explorer 8

I am using Microsoft windows XP in my machine and while I am trying to open Wikipedia links in internet explorer, few of them are not open. Security warning box emerges saying file type is not documented. Is this known a bug in IE8 or I am doing something wrong? Please make me clear because I really not understood what to do and what to solve this unknown error. Please if anyone has any useful information which helps me to solve my issue than please provide it to me.

Re: Some Wikipedia links do not open In internet explorer 8

Because internet explorer 8 has just newly been released a few websites have not been restructured to display properly in the novel browser. For this reason internet explorer 8 comprises Compatibility View that permits you to analysis pages which do not show appropriately in internet explorer 8. Click the Page key on the menu bar and choose Compatibility View and the page should show appropriately. If this does not exhibit the page let me know and you might consider posting the URL of the consequence page to help me in troubleshooting. I wish this information is obliging.

The compatibility feature doesn't effort because the web page is not at all displayed in any way. Here is the series of events to help you. Enter anything in a google search box, for example: “Global”. Google brings up its lots of hits and the initial one is from Wikipedia. While I click on that link, I receive a message box File Download-Security Warning. File type is unidentified. If I take that similar URL and enter it in the address box, the internet page approaches right up. I just experienced this later than putting in internet explorer 8. The additional thing which makes it hard is that it is not reliable. I entered something into a google search and the primary item up was a Wikipedia link in the similar format, the just dissimilarity and clicking on that link brought the page up immediately. So I am not certain what is going on.

The page emerges to exertion appropriately for me utilizing Internet Explorer 8; it is probable that an add-on or setting is origining this trouble. To experiment if it is an add-on trouble, you can attempt running Internet Explorer in No Add-ons form and checking if you receive the similar error. To begin Internet Explorer in No Add-ons form, depart to Start, click on All Programs, click on Accessories, after that System Tools, and lastly unlock Internet Explorer. If the over does not effort you can attempt resetting the Internet Explorer settings and checking if the page efforts appropriately. Let me know if this assists or if you require additional assistance.

I cannot access any Wikipedia link brought up from a google hunt. I am utilizing windows Vista as the OS. I can take the Wikipedia URL and type it straight into the address bar and have it effort. On my laptop PC, I sprint windows XP and am as well utilizing internet explorer 8, I have no troubles accessing the similar Wikipedia sites. I have as well learned impressive from the Microsoft developer network, MSDN, which something called user-agent strings might be distressing this. Any assist would be valued. One last query: If I can't get this resolved I am going to go back to internet explorer 7 and my query is what is the most excellent way to get internet explorer 7 back another time, download internet explorer 7 over internet explorer 8 or uninstall internet explorer 8 first?