Thread: Got an Invalid URL message on Facebook for playing Mafia Wars

Got an Invalid URL message on Facebook for playing Mafia Wars

I am running a Windows XP operating system on my machine and I have played facebook games many time via Internet Explorer 8 on my machine. But now when I am trying to play the Mafia Wars in the same way as I used to play it, Then it shows me an error messages as an Invalid URL message. Does anybody has any idea that when this error arrives and how can I play Mafia Wars now?

Re: Got an Invalid URL message on Facebook for playing Mafia Wars

I have seen the same error as I have created a new account on Facebook and when I am trying to play the Mafia Wars from my Mozilla Firefox browser then it is showing me the same error as you are getting on your Internet Explorer 8. I don't get it that when this error comes as I have never seen any such error for playing the same game in the same way.

I have solved this error by clearing the cache and cookies of my Mozilla browser which has solved my problem, you may try the same thing.

• "Clear the Cache: Tools> Options> Advanced> Network> Offline Storage (Cache):" Clear Now "
    • "Remove The Cookies" from sites That cause problems: Tools> Options> Privacy> Cookies: "Show Cookies"

I think you need to try some other browser if one does not works. Usually people have a habit of using a same browser all the time due to which other browser installed on the same machine does not have much cookies saved in it. So this browser would be able to let you play an online games without any issue. Though there could be some issue with regarding the games server as well in such case you cannot do anything rather then waiting for server to get back again.