Thread: Internet Explorer 8: unable to open Windows Media player during ASX stream

Internet Explorer 8: unable to open Windows Media player during ASX stream

Well I have installed Windows 7 on my computer. Also I have installed Internet Explorer 8 on the computer of mine. I am unable to play any online video stream by using .asx link in order to launch media player. However I am getting ‘Internet Explorer cannot display this webpage’ error message on the screen. Same thing is working great on laptop of mine. I am really frustrated with this situation and I am not having any idea to solve the matter. Please help me out from this particular situation.

Re: Internet Explorer 8: unable to open Windows Media player during ASX stream

Well looking at the situation I think there is nothing wrong with link itself since it working fine your laptop. I think this problem is caused by virus on your computer. Hence I recommend you that you update antivirus with latest update and perform scan on your computer. Once you have finished with scan restart your computer and see whether this problem persists or not. Let me know the results for the same.

Well I let you know that this ASX file contains information regarding user guides and software to open/edit ASX format file. Now tell me whether this problem is happening with particular single website or with all the websites. Well another think I would like to know is that whether you can stream videos from the other location to the Windows Media player. Answer above mentioned question and post with the same.

Well this particular problem might be occurring due to Add-ons which is installed on Internet Explorer 8.Well you have to launch Internet Explorer 8 and click on Tools from the menu bar of the browser.Now you have to click on Manage Add-ons. Now choose all the Add-ons one after another and disable the same. Once you have finished go to the webpage where you was having issue while steaming. Now see that it helps you or not.

Well I have seen a universal problem as far as Internet Explorer 8. Well I let you know that I was having the same problem which you have mentioned in your post. Well I have tried everything to solve the matter but all of my efforts resulted nothing. Finally I took extreme decision to solve the matter. That is I have simply uninstalled Internet Explorer 8 and installed previous one that is Internet Explorer 7 on computer. From where I am not having any issue. You can perform what I have done.