Thread: Internet Explorer 8 crashes after hitting send button of OWA

Internet Explorer 8 crashes after hitting send button of OWA

I am using Windows 7 on my computer. Also I have installed Microsoft Office on the computer of mine. I have connected my office with using outlook web access. I have downloaded and S/MIME code from the exchange server. Whenever I click on send button it simply prompts that ‘Internet Explorer has stopped working.’ Now I am unable to uninstall S/MIME code from the computer. I am not having any idea to tackle with this particular problem. Let me know if you are having any suggestion to solve the problem. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Internet Explorer 8 crashes after hitting send button of OWA

Well you told me that you were unable to uninstall then I think you should use following steps to achieve the same.
    • First of all you have to click on start button and enter CMD in startsearch box and press enter.
    • I let you know that you have to run command prompt as admin of the computer.
    • Now copy paste following command on command prompt and press enter.
    Code:
    cd "%systemroot%\downloaded program files"
        regsvr32 /u exsmime.dll
        regsvr32 /u mimectl.dll
    Now once you have finished you should check that Outlook Web access working or not. Let me know whether it was helpful or not.

I am providing following steps which you can use to solve the matter.
    • You have to click on Tools from the menu of the Internet Explorer 8. Choose Internet Options.
    • Now go to Advanced settings. Now you have to click on reset button.
    • Now simply restart Internet Explorer. You have to click on Next from Internet Explorer 8 welcome page.
    • Now choose do no turn on suggested sites and click on Next.
    • Now you have to select choose custom settings and click on Next.
    • Now you have to select your search provider and click on Next. Now click on I don't want updates for search and click on Next button.
    • Now choose Turn off all accelerators and click on Next button.
    • Now choose Turn off smart screen filter and click on Next button.
    • Now select default browser and click on Next.
    • You should click on Yes for use compatibility view updates. Now simply click on Finish.
    • Now simply go to Outlook Web Access account. Internet Explorer will prompt for installing MIME Edit binary behavior add-on. You should ignore it and no need to install this particular Add-on.

Well looking at the situation I think you have to install 924334 hotfix package on all exchange serve and restart the same. Once you have installed on all the exchange server next step is to installing S/MIME controls on the Outlook Web Access Client. To reinstall S/MIME controls use the following step. Click on Outlook Web Access and go to Options and simply click on Email Security. Once you have finished with installation of S/MIME controls restart your computer. I am hoping that it will help you to solve the problem.

Well I am not having any idea regarding this particular problem. But I think you should contact your Internet service provider for this matter. You should see that your ISP has applied right updates to the Exchange 2003 which is using S/MIME control. Anyway I will definitely let you know if I come across any other definite solution for this particular problem. However thanks for reading my post. Wish you good luck.