Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Java 64 bit is not working on Internet Explorer 8

Technology & Internet

Old 05-02-2011

Java 64 bit is not working on Internet Explorer 8

I am using Windows 7 x64. I have recently installed Internet Explorer 8 on my computer. Well I am a college guy and Java is included in our syllabus. Hence I have installed Java 64 bit on my computer. After installing Java on computer I have been facing strange problem with Internet Explorer 8. Well whenever I browse to a particular website which is using Java Internet Explorer prompts with the following message.? The page you are viewing uses Java. More information on Java support is available from the Microsoft Website.? Even help information did not help me at all. Hence I am unable to use Java . Now please let me know that how can I make enable Java for Internet Explorer 8? Any suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Old 05-02-2011

Re: Java 64 bit is not working on Internet Explorer 8

Well looking at the situation I think I am having a solution for this particular error. Use the following instruction I am hoping that it will help you out from this situation.
  1. You have to click on Start button and go to All Programs. Now click on Accessories.
  2. Now you have to right click on Command prompt and choose Run as Administrator from the right click context menu. Now copy paste the following command on the Command prompt and press enter.
Code:
regsvr32 jscript.dll
Well it will prompt you that it is successfully registered. I am hoping that it will help you out to solve the matter.
Old 05-02-2011

I really want to say thank you for the prompt reply. Well I have done what you have suggested in your post. As soon as I executed regsvr32 jscript.dll command it prompts with following error message on the screen. ?The module "jscript.dll" was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80004005.For more information about this problem, search online using the error code as a search term?. Now I am completely blank and not having any idea about this problem. If you are having any other solution regarding this problem please suggest as soon as possible.
Old 05-02-2011

I am providing following steps to enable Java on you Internet Explorer 8. Well now question is how to begin? Well it?s very simple and it consists of the following steps.
  • You have to launch Internet Explorer if it is not open.
  • Now you have to click on Tools from the menu bar of the Internet Explorer 8.
  • Now go for Internet Options from the Tools menu. Now choose click on Advance.
  • Now you have to search for Java (Sun) and click on enable JRE check box.
  • Now simply click on Ok to save everything whatever you have done and exit the Option menu.
  • Now simply restart the browser and see whether it?s working or not.
Old 09-02-2011

I think in this particular situation you need to reset the settings of the Internet Explorer 8. Well I am suggesting you that should try to rest settings of the browser by using Fixit. Well you have to download Fixit from the official website and install the same. Once you have installed you have to run Fixit and follow the instruction given by the Fixit wizard. I am hoping that it will help you to solve the problem.

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: , , , , ,