Thread: Internet Explorer 8: ‘Error loading C:\Windows\System32\inetcpl.cpl’

Internet Explorer 8: ‘Error loading C:\Windows\System32\inetcpl.cpl’

I have started to face very strange problem with this particular browser Internet Explorer 8 and I have decided to share with you all. Well I am getting an error message whenever I trying to open Internet Control Panel. Well it is prompting following error which can be stated as ‘Error loading C:\Windows\System32\inetcpl.cpl the operating system cannot run %1’. Now I am really annoyed with this particular problem. Please help me if you are having any suggestions to solve the matter. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Internet Explorer 8: ‘Error loading C:\Windows\System32\inetcpl.cpl’

Well looking at the situation I am unable to discover what is the root cause of the problem in this particular situation. As far as I know inetcpl.cpl is associated with Internet Option. Hence I want to know whether you have tried to launch the same by using browser itself. Also tell me from when this particular problem is occurring on your internet explorer 8. Have you done any changes on your computer recently? Also let me know whether you are having any issue when you try to access Internet Option using browser menu. Try the above mentioned things and post here so that I can tell you other steps to solve the matter.

Have you try to load inetcpl.cpl by using Safe Mode and Networking. If your answer is no then use the following instruction to do the same.
    • You have to restart your computer and press F8 key from your keyboard for couple of times.
    • It will redirect to Advanced Boot Options. Well in this screen you have to choose Safe Mode with Networking by using arrow key and press enter.
    • Now your system is started in to Safe Mode with Networking. Now try to load inetcpl.cpl and see whether it helps you or not.

I think in this particular situation I doubt that this particular problem is happening due to virus on your computer. Hence I am suggesting you that update the antivirus program and perform a scan on your computer. If you are not having an antivirus program installed on your computer then I recommend you that you should run Malware scan using Microsoft Security Essentials. I am hoping that it will help you to solve the problem.