Thread: Internet Explorer 8 : Netflix error N8156-4001

Internet Explorer 8 : Netflix error N8156-4001

I am having very serious problem and I have decided to discuss with you all. Well I have recently installed Internet Explorer 8 on my computer and found very serious problem with this particular. I have seen that I am unable to stream movies using Netflix on this particular browser. However I am able to do the same on all the other browsers. I have been tried to solve the matter by reinstalling Silverlight but it did not help me at all. I am unable to figure what may be the root cause of the problem. Whether it is virus or bug itself in to Internet Explorer. Anyone having the same problem please reply me as soon as possible. Also suggest me any solutions to fix this particular problem. Anyway thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Internet Explorer 8 : Netflix error N8156-4001

I am unable to figure out why this is happening in your situation. It will be helpful if you post the entire error message. So that I can understand where is the exact problem? For the time being I am suggesting you that you should try to run your Internet Explorer 8 in compatibility view. Well to do the same you should use following instruction.
    • You have to launch your Internet Explorer. Now go to Tools menu and choose Compatibility View Settings.
    • Now you have to click on Display all websites in Compatibility View checkbox.
    • Now click on Close button.
    I am hoping that it will help you to solve the problem. Let me know whether it was helpful or not.

Well looking at the situation which you have provided I recommend that you should completely uninstall Silverlight from your computer by using windows installer cleanup utility. Once you have uninstalled Silverlight restart your computer. Now try to stream videos on Internet Explorer8. Now you have to install Silverlight when it is prompted. For your information you can download windows installer cleanup utility from the official website of the Microsoft. Once you have downloaded install the same on your computer and use this product.

I think settings of the Internet Explorer 8 might be corrupted due to some reason. Well I recommend that you should use Fixit in order to reset the Internet Explorer Settings. Whenever you reset settings of the Internet Explorer 8 all the customization, add-ons and stored password would be removed and you will run your internet Explorer as after fresh install. Well you can download Fixit from the official website and do as directed by the Fixit wizard.

Well I doubt that the Silverlight is broken in your system. Hence I am providing following steps which you can use to repair broken Silverlight.
    • Simply enter in to Control Panel and go to Add/Remove program to uninstall Microsoft silverligth from the computer of yours. If any error occurs then use the following steps.
    • You have to run Registry Editor and go to following registry.
    Code:
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Silverlight
    • Now delete this key by using following
    Code:
    reg delete HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Silverlight /f
    • Now you can use the following command to remove Microsoft Silverlight from the program files.
    Code:
    rmdir /s /q "%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Silverlight
    Once you have completed the process you can install the Silvelight without any issue.