Thread: Installing IE 8 get error:"Ordinal 423 could not be found in dynamic link library urlmon.dll"

Installing IE 8 get error:"Ordinal 423 could not be found in dynamic link library urlmon.dll"

I have recently installed internet explorer 8 and I got the following error, 'Ordinal 423 could not be found in dynamic link library urlmon.dll'. After that I lost my desktop furthermore a lot of windows programs do not function. Does anyone else got such issue, If you have any suggestion to this issue let me know to get rid of this issue. Your suggestion would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Re: Installing IE 8 get error:"Ordinal 423 could not be found in dynamic link library urlmon.dll"

At what time you boot normally, this error message pops up previous to your Windows Desktop image loads. Then wait for the desktop image on the way to load totally, after that press CTR+ALT+DEL to open Task Manager. Now click on file tab and choose to run new task. In the run box type appwiz.cpl which will launch the Add/Remove Programs window. Choose Internet Explorer 8 furthermore follow the commands to totally remove it. If the above error box pop-ups once more, just click OK as well as carry on with removal of Internet Explorer 8. Reboot the system at what time prompted. Currently, you can reinstall Internet Explorer 8 from the IE website if you desire.

Re: Installing IE 8 get error:"Ordinal 423 could not be found in dynamic link library urlmon.dll"

All the time state your complete Windows version (for example Windows XP Service Pack 3; Windows XP 64-bit Service Pack 2; windows Vista SP1) plus your Internet Explorer version at what time posting. What anti-virus program is installed on your system furthermore is your subscription existing? What third-party firewall have you installed? Is any of these programs are running in the background at what time you installed Internet Explorer 8?

I have a clean install of windows xp professional service pack 3. This trouble has recurring itself a lot of times subsequent to running windows update. I am using avast anti-virus, I thought might be it is interfering with it so I temporarily disable the anti-virus. And uninstall and re-install the internet explorer but still get the same error message. If you have any other solution to this let me know as soon as possible.