Thread: Unable to access secure websites after upgrading to Windows 7

Unable to access secure websites after upgrading to Windows 7

I was making use of windows Vista and recently upgraded to Windows 7 home premium moreover I am not capable to access secure websites. I make use of broadband connection through PPPOE Modem. I have altered my MTU to 1454 that functioned with windows Vista, however through Windows 7 it’s not functioning. I am not capable to access sites similar to Microsoft.com, bank account and so on. I attempted the MTU values 1500, 1454, 1472 and so on but still have the same trouble. Not able to ping these websites in cmd however capable to ping Google. Any thought what may be the cause of this issue so that I can resolve this, Your suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: Unable to access secure websites after upgrading to Windows 7

The problem that you are having happens because of one of the following: Upgraded to Internet Explorer 8 through several add-ons, Incompatible third party add-ons, or maybe the site is not in trusted sites. I will suggest setting the MTU size to 1432 bytes and observe if it assists. Also verify your date and time settings. If you still have the trouble let me know so that I can provide further suggestion.

I will recommend you to look for third-party firewall or else antivirus programs. Ensure that any third-party firewall or else antivirus programs which are installed on your PC are configured appropriately furthermore not allowing you to connect to this Web site. Many at times a trouble by means of your antivirus or else firewall can reason this problem. For this configure the settings to default and reboot your system. Verify that if you are able to view the secured sites after that. If this does not resolve it then I will advise you to temporarily disable your antivirus or else firewall and attempt the site once more.

Follow the below instructions and hope that this will resolve your issue:
    1. First I will suggest to clear the Cache. To clear the cache, you can follow the steps listed below:
    • Launch Internet Explorer.
    • Go to Tools on the menu and select Internet Options
    • Now click Delete Files and Delete each and every one content.

2. Also add the Secure Site to your list of trusted sites.
    • Launch Internet Explorer.
    • Go to Tools on the menu and select Internet Options
    • Click on Security tab and click trusted sites icon.
    • After that click Sites button.
    • Enter the website as well as click Add

If the above mentioned solution does not resole your problem. After that you can attempt the advanced troubleshooting which are declares below.
    1. You need to disable the third party browser extensions.
    - For this open Internet Explorer.
    - After that Go to Tools and select Internet Options.
    - Now click on Advanced tab.
    - Navigate to “Enable third-party browser extensions” as well as place a tick mark in front of it..
    - After that click on Apply to save the changes and close and restart internet explorer.
    2. You can also try Re-registering Internet Explorer DLL as well as OCX files. e.
    This is supposed to resolve the problem.