Thread: Refuses to go into Protected Mode in Internet explorer 8

Refuses to go into Protected Mode in Internet explorer 8

I am running windows vista 64 bit and Internet explorer full release. I set Protected Mode on, close as well as restart Internet Explorer 8, restart computer, and so on. However it declines to come on. It is not place by Group Policy on the domain. This is just on the Administrator account. My further user accounts the browser is running flawlessly. It functioned in previous versions, therefore it makes no logic to me why Internet Explorer 8 would not as well. If you have any suggestion to resolve this issue, please let me know as soon as possible.

Re: Refuses to go into Protected Mode in Internet explorer 8

Is User Account Control enabled? You be able to verify by going to Start menu and click on Control Panel. Inside the Control Panel click on the User Accounts, after that click User Accounts once more furthermore click Turn User Account Control on or off. See whether there is a tick mark in front of Use User Account Control (UAC) if it is not checked this means that UAC is disabled moreover you will not be capable to run Internet Explorer inside Protected Mode. Now to run the internet explorers in protected mode mark this box to enable UAC. Let us be familiar with if this assists or if you require further assistance.

A few things that you can attempt: I would confirm that you are making use of internet explorer 8 with administrator rights. To perform this right click on the Internet Explorer 8 on the Quick Launch Toolbar or else on the internet Explorer icon furthermore select "Run as administrator", you might require to provide a administrator password to confirm the action. If this does not help to resolve the issue. I would like to know is there any error message? One more place to confirm for errors in the Event Viewer that you are able to access by clicking on the start as well as typing Event Viewer inside the search box. Right click the "Event Viewer" furthermore select to "Run as administrator"", you may possibly require providing a password or confirming the action.

Internet Explorer 8 Protected mode never worked, Internet Explorer 7's did previous to I upgraded. As I initially declared, Group Policy does not lock out Protected Mode. We would like it on. I can revert back to Internet Explorer 7 - I performed a restore point previous to I installed Internet Explorer 8. But It is still overlook the setting - which for all time states it is on. I have attempted turning it off and click Apply furthermore after that recheck it and click OK, close the explorer and restart still off, except it is in reality displaying the status inaccurately in the Internet Explorer window. Is there a easy test to confirm if it is on or else off in case the display in fake?