Thread: When opening a new tab, "About:Tabs" page hijacked in Internet Explorer 8

When opening a new tab, "About:Tabs" page hijacked in Internet Explorer 8

I am running Internet Explorer 8 with windows Vista. I recently loaded WinAmp which I am glad with. Though, now with the actuality that it has replaced the "About:Tabs" page given with Internet Explorer 8 with a page. I be able to reset the page to "About:Blank" as well as to my homepages utilizing tools/options/tabs/settings, however I would like fresh tabs to have the original Internet Explorer 8 page. This application has clearly altered the address someplace so how can I alter it back?

Re: When opening a new tab, "About:Tabs" page hijacked in Internet Explorer 8

Modifying REGISTRY wrong settings are able to reason for serious issues that may stop your PC from booting correctly. Modifications of these settings are as follows.
    1. Press Start
    2. In ‘Start Search box’, type regedit, click Enter (give administrative identification if encouraged)
    3. Then you have to Navigate to the following key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\AboutURLs
    4. Right-press Tabs, after that press Modify…
    5. Modify the “Value data:” to:
    res://ieframe.dll/tabswelcome.htm
    6. Press OK
    And then you have to go back into Internet Explorer as well as confirm that in Tabs settings as well as in the category “When a new tab is opened, open:” you have it place for “The new tab page”.

You may as well have Search problems so perform these as well as particularly BHOremover while you get to it. Internet Explorer and then Tools after that Internet Options and then followed by Advanced Tab and then press Restore then press Reset and at the last you have to Apply / OK. Internet Explorer and then Tools after that Internet Options and then followed by Security Tab and then press reset all zones to default and at the last you have to Apply / OK. Close as well as restart Internet Explorer and then you have to set Search provider as you hope. Tools and then Manage Add-ons after that Search Providers and followed by choose the Search Provider you would like by pressing on one. you be able to shift it UP or DOWN the list and then Set the one you would like as the Default as well as you be able to REMOVE any you do not need on list. After that on lower left make sure Prevent programs from suggesting alters to my default search provider.

You as well have to modify this key in Windows 7: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\AboutURLs

1. You have to select Start.
    2. In Search box you have to provide regedit and then hit Enter
    3. Then go to the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\AboutURLs
    4. Right-press Tabs, after that press Modify…
    5. Modify the “Value data:” to:
    res://ieframe.dll/tabswelcome.htm
    6. Press OK

Hope this assists!