Thread: How to modify a saved password in Internet Explorer 8

How to modify a saved password in Internet Explorer 8

While typing the password and username I have set Internet explorer to remember that password. But it seems that I have saved an inaccurate password in Internet Explorer 8. Now I can get login to the site by manually typing correct password however it does not overlay the inaccurate password. Does anyone knows where the internet explorer saves the password and Is there any ways to change a saved password? If you have any suggestion to this issue, please let me know so that I can alter the saved password to the appropriate one. Your suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: How to modify a saved password in Internet Explorer 8

I will advice to clear cached data in Internet explorer. To verify whether a performance problem or else an error message is origin by corruption within the temporary Internet files or else in other cached info which is used by Internet Explorer, you have to clear cached data. To perform this, follow below steps:

Internet Explorer 8
    1. First of all open Internet Explorer 8.
    2. Now Click on Safety, as well as after that click Delete Browsing History.
    3. Click on Delete Files inside Delete Browsing History area, cookies, history (remember do not delete password as this will remove each and every one saved passwords).
    One time you have cleared cache attempt logging on to the website as well as verify ‘Remember Password’ check box and make out if it memorize your password for the next moment.

The trouble with your "solution" (I make use of that term insecurely) is that it eliminates the whole thing, counting the information which is accurate. I do not desire to have to re-enter each and every one of my passwords as well as form data presently to accurate the one password which is incorrect. I will really be grateful for it if Microsoft as well as other browser developers will give us a means to take away or else edit an inaccurate password or form entry without having to eliminate the whole thing that I have saved.

I have found a simpler means that functions for me. When you type the initial letter of your user name, auto-complete will take up a box of selections. Highlight the username which you would like to utilize. Strike the "delete" key one more auto-complete window will pop up stating, "windows has saved password for this user name. Do you desire to remove the username as well as password?”. So click "yes". Now close explorer window and at what time you reopen you be supposed to be able to type in your user name as well as password furthermore it be supposed to request, "do you desire to save this password?" I am not an expert but this functioned for me. Hope this helped.

Thank you for your suggestion, I tried this and it works perfectly. Type the first letter of your username, AutoComplete will bring up a selection box. Highlight the user name you want to use. Press "Delete". If a window pops up saying autofill, "Windows has a saved password for that username. Do you want to delete the username and password?" Click "yes". Close the Internet Explorer window and when you reopen it, you should be able to type your username and password and you have to ask: "Would you save this password?"