Thread: Unable to open pages from Internet Explorer 8 32 bit in Windows vista 64 bit

Unable to open pages from Internet Explorer 8 32 bit in Windows vista 64 bit

I lately bought computer with Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit installed. Internet Explorer 8 is loaded by means of 32 bit as well as 64 bit. I am not capable to open whichever web page fromIE8 x32, however IE8 x64 appears to work very well. Issue is that IE8 x32 has been settled as for all programs in my computer. There is no alternative to configure the default as IE8 x64. I don't believe x32 is proposed on being not compatible through Windows Vista x64, but actually it is. Now how can I fix this? Is there any alternative way?

Re: Unable to open pages from Internet Explorer 8 32 bit in Windows vista 64 bit

I have heard that there is lots of compatibility issue in Internet Explorer 8. This issue has not been fixed it .However you are telling that you have successfully installed IE8 on your computer with both 32bit as well as 64bit. Then it should open the webpage. To fix this here is the solution.
    • Click start>Run or search
    • Type cmd and when the command prompt appears type the below command.
      Code:
      netsh winsock reset
    • Now press Enter.
    • Now it might be fixed. You may reboot computer to take effects.

Re: Unable to open pages from Internet Explorer 8 32 bit in Windows vista 64 bit

To decide whether the problem that you are incidenting is caused by any system which are related to the Windows Vista or not. You need to run the System File Checker utility to check this. The System File Checker utility checks the system files and restores all faulty or corrupted system files and makes it proper to work. To run this tool follows this procedure.
    • Click Start, and afterward type cmd inside the search box.
    • You need to run the cmd as Administrator you haven’t logged in as administrator.
    • Now type the following command and hit the enter key.
      Code:
      sfc /scannow
    • To take effect reboots the system.

You can easily set the IE8 x64 bit as default browser to your computer. Click 'Default Programs' inside the start menu and after that go for 'Set your default programs', There you will notice several item. Scroll through the browser option for your computer. There you will get an option to choose the default browser to your computer and save the settings to enable it.

As far as I know the Internet Explorer 32-bit has been included inside Windows Vista 64-bit to conquer compatibility problems by way of several add-ons. Add-ons for instance Flash don't encompass a 64-bit edition, as well as the 32-bit browser is wanted for that purpose. It's supposed to exist there and is worn like the default, like you have established. You would like to attempt making use of Internet Explorer by way of no add-ons to observe if somewhat is avoiding your link toward the Internet, seeing that this is typically the simply disparity among the two browsers.