Thread: In Internet Explorer 8 Enable RealPlayer 11 "Download this Video" Button

In Internet Explorer 8 Enable RealPlayer 11 "Download this Video" Button

Can anyone tell me how to enable RealPlayer 11 "Download this Video" button inside Internet Explorer 8? It is used to function all right inside Internet Explorer 7 however it does not because I installed edition 8. As per my knowledge I have enabled menu “Download this video to realplayer” through enabling its add-on inside Internet Explorer 8 as well as checking the choice "Enable third-party browser extensions" inside Advanced tab within Internet Options. On the other hand, the button itself will not pop-up. Does anyone be familiar with how to resolve this? Thank you in advance for any suggestion to resolve this issue.

Re: In Internet Explorer 8 Enable RealPlayer 11 "Download this Video" Button

I also had the similar problem with Real player, I have set all the settings properly but the button will not pop up. But I have tried the below suggestion and hope that this will assist you to get rid of this issue. Instructions to resolve the issue are listed below.
    1. First of all connect to the Internet.
    2. Now Start RealPlayer
    3. At the top click on "Tools"
    4. After that click "Check for Updates".
    5. And follow the commands on the way to install the vital Updates.
    6. After that the "Download this video" button is supposed to become visible at what time you watch videos with Internet Explorer 8. Hope this works.

I have read somewhere that Real player is having similar type of issue in windows vista, and when I search on the Internet I found that on some forum someone has mentioned that he has the same trouble with Real player so he updated to windows 7 and after then his issue is resolved. I also upgraded to windows 7 but the download button is still not shown. At what time I go through tools I do not have the condition to enable real player. What can be the trouble? Your assist would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your suggestion however I have resolved the trouble. I am running windows 7 home premium and download this video button is hidden on Windows 7. When you move backward and forward your mouse around the button come into views someplace in the center. It disappears if you do not click on it. It used to come into view in the right hand curve on older edition of Windows.

I went through the steps that are described to see if RealPlayer is enabled in Manage Add-ons. I observe that Realplayer is enabled, however if I leave the PC at rest for a while RealPlayer is no longer on the list. I encompass Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2011 installed on my PC. I have activated it in there as well; however it's the similar thing at what time the PC is idle. I have to reboot my PC to the RealPlayer button to be activated again. I work on Windows 7 Professional operating system 64-bit. I installed RealPlayer SP, but the size and the version does not appear in the Control Panel Add / Remove Programs list. I work on Internet Explorer. This is a real headache for me. Could it be that something is not enabled in Internet Options which controls the downloaded video?