Thread: avutil-50.dll missing error while running Google chrome

avutil-50.dll missing error while running Google chrome

Recently while I was trying to run the Google chrome I got an avutil-50.dll missing error. I was unable to run the Google chrome after that I literally tried every possible solution from my side but I was unsuccessful in doing that. I tried uninstalling and installing it again then also the same thing. Also I have tried with the beta version then also it is giving me the same problem then what is the problem here. Do you all have any solution for me so that I can try here and get out of this particular problem? If you have any then do let me know about it.

Re: avutil-50.dll missing error while running Google chrome

Well it may be a possibility that the antivirus program that you are using is giving you this problem and hence you are ending up get this type of problem. The next time you are doing the installation of the google chrome make sure that you stop the antivirus program or disable the antivirus program that is running in your system. Maybe that will be beneficial for you. So as of now do try that and let me know if that works or not.

I have got some solution for you. So do try it and let me know if that works or not. Even I have the antivirus program running in my system and I don’t think that would be the cause for the problem. I will give you some simple steps to follow do follow them and let me know if that works or not
    1) First go to the c: under that user’s then admin and after that follow the path that I have given you here AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\10.0.648.134.
    2) Under that select any file with an extension .dll. After having selected any one file with the dll extension rename the file with avutil-50.dll.
    3) Having done that you are almost over. Go back and reboot the system.
    4) Then try running the Google chrome and you will not face the same problem again.

I have got one more method for you do try that. So what you will have to do is that download the avutil-50.dll file from the internet. You will get it easily in any of the website just search for that file in google and you will get different websites with the downloadable link for that file. Once you have downloaded that copy that file in the following location C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\10.0.648.134. once you have pasted it there and you will be done. So do try that and let me know fi that works or not.

I have observed that this kind of problem is mostly with those people who are using the net protector antivirus program. So that’s why I called up the customer support of net protector antivirus and they gave me a very helpful link from which I downloaded a file and installed it in my system. After that I again installed the Google chrome again and now it is running perfectly. So I just thought of sharing the solution with you and I suppose that it will help you in the process.