Thread: Unable to open email attachments in Internet Explorer 8 in Windows Vista

Unable to open email attachments in Internet Explorer 8 in Windows Vista

I have started getting a problem in my computer after I installing a Windows vista 64 bit on my computer. The problem is about the Email attachment. Yesterday I tried to release a attachment that came with a mail on my inbox. I couldn’t able to download and open it. First of all I thought that it has something to do with the Email client. So I decided to try in another computer. There it opened without any issue. Now I think that the issue has something to do with my computer and that is Windows Vista. Am I right? Is there any way to fix this issue without much effort and trouble?

Re: Unable to open email attachments in Internet Explorer 8 in Windows Vista

I know that you are not capable to unlock your email attachments following upgrading to Internet Explorer 8. There is several facts that would be cooperative in favor of us to have with the intention of be capable to assist you troubleshoot this problem. First of all know about your Email client if you are using any Windows client. Go for its settings. If file is fine then go for Windows Firewall. If it has been turned on then just disable at that moment. It may gonna help you to assist you.

As far as I know only the antivirus programs interrupt the opening of the attachments for the email. The antivirus scans the attachments that came along with the email. If it has any suspicious or doubtful things then the program denies or rejects it from mail. So make sure that there is no suspicious object hidden inside the attachments. If you are sure about that then you may disable the antivirus program at the time of downloading the attachment to your computer. Once completed then you can enable it.

I think that the download feature has not been enabled on your internet explorer. Can you able to open any other files like pdf files using your browser? You need to check it first. If possible then try to open those attachments using Windows Mail clients. As far as I know the Yahoo Mail and Gmail clients scans the attachments in your each email for viruses before opening. So if it gets infected by virus then the client does not allow you to download or open it any manner.

As far as I have seen the Email attachments in some mail client will go to the separate folder under the inbox. I mean when any email come to your inbox with attachments it usually shows like a clip picture in front it. Other than this the all attachment in your inbox can be seen in other folder usually the document and Picture. If the attachment contain picture then all pictures can been seen in same named folder and other type of files in Document folder. You can easily open any attachment from those folders.