Thread: Need to Turn off "Set Up Windows Internet Explorer 8" pop-up

Need to Turn off "Set Up Windows Internet Explorer 8" pop-up

I have downloaded the Internet Explorer 8 in my Windows computer. I reacted to the assortments obtainable inside the "Set up Windows IE8” pop-up. I supervise six client accounts; consequently I've turn into pretty memorable by means of it. However I don't have era to look into in intensely and study how to make use of each and every one of these features. They might be vast features. Thus I just would like to make out one easy thing. How to stop the browser with "SET UP WINDOWS Internet Explorer 8" POP-UP? It just comes out every time I launch the browser.

Re: Need to Turn off "Set Up Windows Internet Explorer 8" pop-up

I think that you should play some game with your windows registry: Make sure that you have the
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 and the registry key is as follows
    Code:
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main]
     "AlwaysShowMenus"=dword:00000000
     "DisableFirstRunCustomize"=dword:00000001
    Altering the REGISTRY settings wrongly may cause severe issues that may perhaps put off your PC from booting correctly. None one cannot promise that whichever issues ensuing from the setting upof REGISTRY settings can be resolved. Alterations of these settings are by the side of your individual hazard

There is one method by playing with registry editing to get rid of that Pop up in your Internet Explorer 8. You need to attempt importing the subsequent entries to your registry. To do this here is the solution.
    Code:
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main]
    "IE8RunOnceLastShown"=dword:00000001
    "IE8RunOnceLastShown_TIMESTAMP"=hex:b9,77,06,7b,59,c7,c9,01
    "IE8RunOncePerInstallCompleted"=dword:00000001
    "IE8RunOnceCompletionTime"=hex:40,55,43,8b,59,c7,c9,01
    "IE8TourShown"=dword:00000001
    "IE8TourShownTime"=hex:b1,41,4f,8b,59,c7,c9,01
    Now you need to copy all the above stuffs into a notepad and save it as “welcomefix.reg” and place it in our desktop. Now open that file by double clicking it and you will be encouraged to carry on and requested if you like to bring in the registry entries. Following importing it ought to inform you if it thrived or else not.

I establish a GPO Internet Explorer7/8 setting named “Stop presentation of First Run Customize settings' and one time allowed you can configure the alternative to 'Skip Customize Settings, and go off straightforwardly toward the home page.' I sited the inetres.adm file intended for IE8 in c:\windows\ie8\ folder on a server by way of IE8 installed. After finding it I imported this .adm file to a new-fangled GPO I generated named 'Disable IE8 First Run Customize Settings configuration' permitted the “stop presentation of First Run Customize settings' furthermore applied it to the home page beneath PC configuration. This seems to be a fix.

I think that there is no such option in Internet Explorer 8 or anywhere in Windows to avoid this Set UP pop-up. If it is present there you will notice this in the same Set Up window. These kinds of options usually present beneath the Windows stating as Run at start up or similar to this with a tick box enabled. If it is preset there then you need to remove that tick so that next time you will not get the Windows. This is the only method I know. Otherwise you need to completely do the Set Up configuration till the end so that it won’t get any option to re-prompt you again.