Thread: BACK button is not functioning in Internet Explorer 8 even in No add-on mode

BACK button is not functioning in Internet Explorer 8 even in No add-on mode

I am using Internet Explorer 8 No adds-on mode. After few days I have started getting a unique problem. The issue is about the back button. It has stopped working. The problem comes into view when I upgraded my computer To Windows 7. Every few days the back button has stopped functioning. The button appears to be active and turns the color to different when I click on it but it won’t do anything at all. The page won’t move to its rear. For that I need to right click on the page and select the Back option. There it work and seems to me that it is not about the functioning of Back option. It is just about that button. I need this button in a working condition. Please help me to get out from this annoying issue.

Re: BACK button is not functioning in Internet Explorer 8 even in No add-on mode

First of all tell me what antivirus program or security software has been installed and the version of subscription? Have installed any kind of third-party firewall? However make sure that you have installed the Internet Explorer 8 properly. If you have moved from IE7 to IE8 then it might be possible that some of the files have not been properly installed along with others. For that purpose you need to re-install the IE 8 once again. If you don’t know how to do it then visit the Microsoft site for further help.

Re: BACK button is not functioning in Internet Explorer 8 even in No add-on mode

I have also faced the similar problem like you. I have installed a good antivirus program. After installing that my IE8 has started behaving weird. But after several configurations I have managed to correct. In your issue it seems to me that the Back button is not responding to the USER click. So I urge you to try to strike it using the keyboard. It may gonna help you. If nothing has worked at all then I think that you should run the Windows 7 CD to correct OS if it has something to do with this.

What you are telling can be completely usual. The clarification may be that the page which you have opened is making use of script based technique of convey, as a result pressing Back one time may simply get you reverse to the page which enrolls only script not the actual page that you have visited and not the genuine from. The resolution is to make use of the Back button's drop list and jump to the page. Sometime for some webpages you may need to press the Back button twice to go to the previous visited page otherwise hold the Back button for just a second.

I think that the registry entries have been edited somehow without your knowledge. Due to this reason the IE is not responding to back button operation. It might have been altered by a Virus or worm that has been attacked either to your browser or to your computer itself. For this issue you need to run a Good and updated antivirus program to correct it. Otherwise you will need registry cleaner or registry mechanic to correct that issue. If you know how to check the registry entries manually then go for it but don’t alter it yourself if you are not familiar with it.