Thread: Allow mixed content in trusted sites in Internet Explorer 8

Allow mixed content in trusted sites in Internet Explorer 8

I would like to permit the display of mixed (http as well as https) content for trusted sites just. On the whole I do not require to be encouraged regarding it. If I disable the suitable choice in the trusted sites settings the prompt still pops up even though the site is confirmed as a trusted site. If I disable the suitable choice in Internet sites things work as planned. I never attempted this with preceding editions of IE. I got windows Vista Ultimate and Internet Explorer 8. Could it be a bug? Please suggest some solution.

Re: Allow mixed content in trusted sites in Internet Explorer 8

The mixed content refers to http as well as https content. You may have techarena.com in the trusted sites list however while data is received from a dissimilar domain, it is not granted the similar status as the originating domain, as well as you are right, it is a mixed zone problem. This is why you require the setting in the 2 separate security zones. The merely choice I be able to observe is to add the other source domains to your trusted list. That would remain the entire settings in the similar zone.

I just have a comment regarding Internet Explorer 8. I actually like the many things regarding it however I was wondering why MS altered the wording of the mixed content caution dialog to "Do you require to view simply the web content that was delivered strongly?" The buttons are "Yes/No". If you need to display mixed content you require to press "No". The previous editions of IE just inquired the user "Do you need to display the safe as well as non secure content?" You press "Yes" as well as life is fine. I am just stating that the Internet Explorer 8 wording of the problem is puzzling.

This is in fact to encourage the users to select the safe choice (the one where the mixed content is not showed). As you recognize there is a big percentage of public who press 'yes' without yet reading the message. In Internet Explorer 7 they were thus dangerous. In Internet Explorer 8 they are better secluded. And if you are certain that you would like to observe the entire the content just press 'No' (I recognize that it gets 2 more seconds to examine the message as well as decide for the right choice, however this is for the sake of safety).

This has been a user choice for the last few launches of Internet Explorer. You have to go to INTERNET OPTIONS in TOOLS on IE. Then choose the INTERNET zone. Then press CUSTOM LEVEL. Then Scroll down to the MISCELLANEOUS choice. Then you have to Scroll to the Display Mixed Content selection. Then choose ENABLE. And press OK. You won't observe the message any more. It is not essential to enter the entire of the site names. I am stunned that MS does not suggest an alter option press-through on the prompt, however they have come a long way with Internet Explorer.