Thread: Internet Explorer 8 shows Black Title bar in Windows XP

Internet Explorer 8 shows Black Title bar in Windows XP

My PC is running with Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3 and has issues by way of the title bar along with Menu and Favorites of Internet Explorer 8 that are for all time totally black. The buttons as well as links are there, and I am able to click them and they responds to mouse click, however the complete field remains black. Sometimes they came back to normal color and remain the same until I again launch the browser. I started getting this issue at the time my pc has automatically installed the Updates. Can I fix this issue? If possible please tell me how to do so?

Re: Internet Explorer 8 shows Black Title bar in Windows XP

This action may perhaps possibly be reason via an add-on hence we require starting IE into the no add-on mode to check this. Click on Start> >Programs>Accessories>System Tools> click Internet Explorer no Add-ons. If the tabs come into view standard in that case we want to decide the issue add-on. Restart internet explorer usually, after that click “Tools” on top of the Menu Bar and pick Manage Add-ons. Put out of action each and every one of your add-ons and afterward reenable them one at a moment pending you put the add-on which is causing your issue.

It seems that this frequently occurs to people who make use of the "Windows Classic" otherwise "Windows Standard" themes. It doesn't come about during safe mode which points out that the issue is inside one of the progressions otherwise files that Standard Windows uses. Consequently I tested the theme and it was “Windows Classic (modified)". Toggled it to Windows Classic, then launched the IE8 and the black bars where at rest there. Again I changed several settings in Theme properties. After several tries I was able to get rid of those black bars and menus.

It seems to me that it’s the cause of the 3rd party themes. Once I have also I installed the Third party themes for my computer which is also running Windows Xp. The Icons on the Desktop color has changed after I applied it even the IE8 windows also. So I toggled back to Normal theme. But unluckily the some of applied features from previous themes remains the same. I couldn’t able to wash out it. However after restoring my computer to previous date the issue has been fixed automatically. So if you have created any restore point in your computer then please go to and see the difference.

Many problems that you may perhaps occurrence on a Windows XP-based PC occur for the reason that of a mismatched otherwise corrupted program. To decide whether this is the reason or cause, you can moreover carry out a clean boot otherwise restart Windows devoid of releasing the program. Otherwise you computer’s registry entries which are related to Internet Explorer might have been corrupted. If this is the case then I urge you to get a registry cleaner to remove corrupted entries and correct it. Furthermore put a Windows boot CD to correct any of the corrupted files reside in the system folder.