Thread: Unable to open wikipedia link in Internet Explorer 8

Unable to open wikipedia link in Internet Explorer 8

Now my PC is running with Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 8. Before this I was using Windows XP and IE7. At that time I was capable to open each and every one page in my browser. But most of time I open Wikipedia page to get information about no matter what thing. The Google also shows this page in it first search page. However, I can also able to see all the web sites and their pages in IE8 except the Wikipedia. When I try to open a link from Wikipedia the system prompts me a security warning and telling me that the file type which you are trying to open is not recognized. How could be this possible? How can I fix this?

Re: Unable to open wikipedia link in Internet Explorer 8

Internet Explorer 8 has merely a moment ago been freed several websites have not been modernized to show properly within the fresh browser. In favor of this cause IE 8 comprises an option called “Compatibility View” which permits you to sight pages that do not show appropriately inside IE 8. Click the Page switch on top of the menu bar and choose Compatibility View and the webpage must show properly. If this does not put on view the page then I hope that you might need to get more add-on for the compatibility for that page. Also make sure that you have updated flash player installed on your computer.

Actually the page seems to work properly in favor of me by the use of Internet Explorer 8, it is probable that an add-on otherwise setting is affecting your issue. Have you tried the IE8 by No add-on mode? It is the best way to know about your browser. I hope that you know how to test it by this manner. If this didn’t helped you much then I urge you to restore your browser settings and see. Otherwise you need to boot the computer in safe mode and try to open from it. Have you tried by disabling the Windows Firewall as well as Security essentials? May be they are causing the issue.

It seems to me that it is only happening with compressed HTTP by the use of gzip format? The error message you obtain concerning this kind of substance might be associated to the coding approach. Rely on how the web browser is managing the requirements; such a memo can be produced in its place. My suggestion on the way to you would be to evaluate this picky site at a time accessed within IE8 by way of how it delivers at a time it is accessed through IE7. If the error message is telling you to download some files then I urge you to download it. They may fulfill the browser’s compatibility.

I also faced the similar problem while opening several Wikipedia pages from a Google search by means of IE8. I obtain a security caution that inquires me if I require downloading an unidentified file form. I didn't contain this trouble till I installed IE8. However if you have the Google Desktop then disable it and see. If you are getting the error message for only several links then it might be possible that due to security reason windows protection tool is denying that link. If the error message is from antivirus program other than Windows security essentials then I think that you need to go through the antivirus settings once again.