Thread: Cut & Paste not functioning correctly in Internet Explorer 8

Cut & Paste not functioning correctly in Internet Explorer 8

I have a system working well furthermore unable to figure out where the trouble lies. It is a Sony VAIO, Windows 7 home premium 64 bit, all updates offered by Microsoft. Here is what the problems are. I have in recent times updated to Internet Explorer 8 and have become aware of that I cannot highlight as well as cut and paste items which I can in Internet explorer 7, I used to be capable to highlight an email address and so on after that cut and paste it to anywhere I required (notepad and so on) now through Internet Explorer 8 I no longer have that utility? This just started after I upgraded Internet Explorer to IE 8, is there any means to proper this?

Re: Cut & Paste not functioning correctly in Internet Explorer 8

I was having the problem through Windows 7 Internet Explorer 8 is standard. I was not capable to mouse copy and paste on every website or else in the Window live mail it immediately stopped functioning. I go into control panel furthermore go to Programs and Features there is a choice to turn Windows features on and off. I unchecked Internet Explorer 8 saved rebooted and after that re-checked Internet Explorer 8 rebooted once more and the problem was fixed.

Thank for your quick reply. As per your suggestion I have performed it, but it does not seem to be working. When i attempt to copy/paste I notice that there is no little window which is suppose to pop-up for that purpose, I have seen that there is just a blue arrow symbol, if I click on it, it states to blog through windows live, email, search and so on, there is no right click utility in any way. If you have any other solution to get rid of this issue, let me know.

I will recommend you to try this. Open the Internet explorer and now click on Tools and Click on Internet Options. Navigate to the Security Tab, Reset All Zones to Default Level. If that button is grayed in that case follow below steps.
    1. On the similar Tab select Internet Zone
    2. Now select Custom level button
    3. In the security setting window navigate to Scripting section of setting.
    4. Now enable paste operations through script
    5. Click Ok.
    6. Now attempt to copy and paste.

Thank you for your valuable suggestion. After following your suggestions. I again attempt to copy & past but still I have the same trouble. I have presently reverted back to Internet Explorer 7 furthermore all troubles have gone away! I have full utility which I used to have! I estimate sometimes older edition are just superior as compare to the new. At least until all bugs are worked out! Thanks to all who attempted to assist.