Thread: Drop-down address bar list does not work when running Internet Explorer 8

Drop-down address bar list does not work when running Internet Explorer 8

I have observed that at what time running Internet Explorer 8 as a published application furthermore clicking on the drop-down arrow which is at the last part of the address bar, not anything occurs. I am not talking regarding the drop-down list appearing but with not anything in it - the box itself does not open plus you can very briefly see somewhat flash on the screen at what time you click on it, just about as if the box attempts to open but cannot. It come outs that somewhat extra runs at what time log in to a full desktop which does not run when I launch a published application moreover this missing component alters anything is required under HKCU for this to work. Does anybody have any thought what it is?I am using windows 7 home premium.

Re: Drop-down address bar list does not work when running Internet Explorer 8

After reading your thread I have used my test XA5 server which had Internet explorer 7 to examine your conclusions, Internet explorer 7 address bar drop-down menu works well, after that upgraded to Internet explorer 8 (as you have issue with internet explorer 8) address bar drop-down menu still worked fine. I think you are having this issue, that you might me using too much restrictive group policies.

Thank you for your suggestion, previously I was testing with existing user. I have now created a new user just authenticated to the xenapp server, when I start Internet Explorer, at foremost, it's normal I do not get a drop-down list, since there is no history, however one time I entered 2 or else 3 pages, it displays them in a drop-down list. When does this problem take place at end? Each lookup I attempt (in the similar xa session) or else every moment I open Internet Explorer once more in a new session? If I clear Internet Explorer history each moment I close the browser, it is usual I will never include a drop down list every moment I start.

Your results encouraged me if the trouble is Operating System-related, rather than XenApp version-related as a result I have made a bit more testing plus pointed it down further. Your observation regarding the drop-down list does not appear until there is a history to display, made me realized that I had just been clicking on it at what time the new profile loaded plus assuming it was not functioning. I was expecting an vacant drop-down list to come into view. Here are the results of my testing:

• Windows 2008 R2 - drop-down functions
    • Windows 2008 x86 - drop-down does not functions
    • Windows 2003 - drop-down functions