Thread: Internet Unreliable but Wireless Connected

Internet Unreliable but Wireless Connected

I have recently installed the new PCI card to my computer and also I am able to connect to the wireless network without any problem. It is showing me full signal that connects easily. If I open some of the pages then after that it simply does not allow me to open any further page. The internet simply stops working. If I keep on trying to access the page again and again then after 2 to 3 minutes it comes back. Again after few minutes it just does the same. This cycle is just continuing after every few minutes. It was not the problem earlier and is just started from last few days. I don’t have any idea that how can I solve this problem. If .anyone over here know that how can I resolve the issue then please let me know that way. I will be thankful for all the replies on this. Thank you.

Re: Internet Unreliable but Wireless Connected

According to me there may be some problem with the installation of the card. It is possible that it is not installed properly and that is the reason that it is showing you such problems. You should try to reinstall the card. So uninstall the card from your computer and install that once again. You can make use of Device manager to do that. Once you are done with that then you will have to restart your computer. Now try to use the internet once again and see if that is able to solve the problem for you. This is one of the most possible reason and solution for the problems like this. So try this and see what it can do for you.

It is possible that the driver that your computer is using for the card may be corrupted or it may not be working properly and so it creates problem for you. To get out of the issue, you will have to install the driver again. Search for the latest driver available on internet for this and download that to your computer. Install in on your computer. If the problem is due to the corrupted driver then this time you will be able to use the internet without any problem. Apart from this you can also try to switch to some other PCI slot and see if that works for you. In my case, I am having two slots and if you also have more than one then try another one.

Have you bought the card from some retail store? I am asking this to you because there is possibility that the driver CD that comes with the card may be compromised with malware, if that is from the internet site. But if that is from the retail store then also it is possible. If you are having one more desktop then try to use the card in it with the drivers which you have downloaded as of the website. Other than this you can also try to scan the system with the help of the latest antivirus. Make sure that the virus definition for the antivirus that you are using is up to date. If that is not then it may not detect some threads and the problem will be their in your system. I wish that this will help you to do that.

You will need to do some of the minor changes to the PCI card settings and also in the connection properties. So open the settings and see, what are the possible changes that you can do to avoid the problems like this. If that is not able to help you then you will have to Updating firmware for the card. Search for the latest firmware available on internet. Download and install that to your computer. I have seen many of the cases like this where updating the firmware solves the issue. I hope that this will do the same for you also.