Thread: Cannot see images in email with Outlook 2002

Cannot see images in email with Outlook 2002

My computer is running Windows XP service pack 3, 32 bit. I am having the Microsoft Security Essentials installed in my computer and this is having the On-Demand Scanner enabled in that. I am also having the Microsoft Outlook 2002 installed but there is some problem with that. My problem is that, I am not able to receive email properly that is having images/pictures in that. In place of the images, I can only see the square with a red cross (X) in that. There is no problem if I send any email that is containing images in that. Is there anyone who is having the same problem or who know that how this issue can be solved? If yes then please provide your suggestion to me. Thank you.

Re: Cannot see images in email with Outlook 2002

I know the reason that why you are getting the square with a red x in the place of the images. The reason for this is that the Outcome comes with the default setting that is blocking the attachment from downloading. This is just for the security reasons. There is one link that says “display images" and when you click on that button then this will show you the images that are attached to emails. If someone is sending you email with attached image in that and you know the person then you can view the images without seeing the red x in the place of the images. This is very simple and not the bug with the outlook or the computer. So just try this and see whether you can see the images properly or not.

There is one simple setting that you need to do in order to see the images that are attached to your emails. If you want to do that, then just click on the tools that is in the menu bar and select Options from there. In the options you will have to select the Security and from there uncheck the checkbox that says "Block images and other external content" and click the OK button. Save the changes. Once you are done with that then just logout from your account and login again. Open many received email that is having the image attachment with that. I am quite sure that you will be able to see the image attached file with that.

There is one another thing that you can try and see if that is able to solve the issue for you. If you want to do that then you will have to click on the tools menu and select Options from there. This will open a new window that will be halving one of the tabs as Security tab. Click on that tab and Click on the Change Automatic Download Settings that is there under Download Pictures. After that, you will have to clear check box for don’t download pictures or other content automatically in HTML e-mail. I also don’t know that what is the logic behind that but it may help you.

I am thinking that it may be due to problem with the Internet explorer settings in your computer. You can try this one. Open the internet explorer and then go to the security. After that, go to the Internet icon and click on that. You will see a button that is having caps as Custom level. Click on that button and then scroll down and see for “Display Mixed Content". You will have to change that to enable. So just try this out and see if that is able to solve the problem for you.

I would check to see the URL to the linked image is not broken.