Thread: Cannot browse internet with any browser

Cannot browse internet with any browser

I am having a Dell laptop and have installed Windows 7 x64 in it. After doing that, the problem is that, I am not able to access internet with any of the browsers available. I have tried IE, Firefox, and Chrome. There is no problem with the other applications that are using internet. There is no problem with the windows update and that is running fine. The outcome is that, I am not able to access any of the sites. Is there anyone who has faced the similar problem with this? If yes then please tell me about the possible solutions for this.

Re: Cannot browse internet with any browser

There may be some problem with the wireless card that you are making use of. If you want to check that then you will have to reset the wireless card once again check if you can open any of the site or not. If that is also not able to help you then you can try by uninstalling and installing the wireless card once again. So do these two things and I wish that it will be solved with any of them.

Is there any security software running in your system? I am asking this because there is some possibility that the antivirus that you are using may not allowing the sites to be opened or the firewall that is there in your computer is blocking the sites. So if you want to check that then you will have to disable the antivirus temporarily and after that try to open any site. If that opens without any problem then it will clear that the problem is with the antivirus and then you can move to the solution accordingly.

One more thing that you can try is to login in safe mode with networking. To do that, start the computer and while it is loading the files, you will have to keep on pressing F8 button. This will open a new screen where you will see the many options to start the computer. You will have to select Safe Mode with Networking. This will start the computer in safe mode and see if that is able to open the pages in that mode.

There may be problem with the network adapter driver that you are using. If the driver is corrupted or not functioning properly then you may get this error. So can try to do the network adapter driver update and this can solve the issue for you. I am saying this to you that this helped one of my friends who was also facing the similar problem and after doing the network adapter driver update, the problem is resolved. I hope that this will do the same for you.