Thread: Password manager not working

Password manager not working

Friends, I am using Opera to browse internet because it provide better speed as compared to the other browser. My problem is that the opera has forgotten all the passwords that were saved previously. It is just filling the username field and password field is blank and I have to type it manually. I tried to save the password again but all the times it is showing me the same. This was not the problem earlier. If is just from the last week from when it started showing the issue. Can you please tell me the reason for this? I am having Windows 7 installed in my computer. Thank you.

Re: Password manager not working

Which version of the Opera are you using? In my case I am making use of Opera 11 and it is not showing me any of such issue with that. You have not mentioned the version of the Opera that you are using and so if you are using any version other than the Opera 11 then I would like to recommend you to switch to the Opera 11. There are many of my friends who are using the same and they all are enjoying browsing without any issue. So I hope that this will do the same for you also.

Ok, I would like to tell you that the version does not matter for saving the password. The entire versions have this utility to save the password. So if you are having any problem with saving the passwords then there are chances that some of the installed files for the opera may be missing or corrupted. The best way to resolve the issue is to reinstall the Opera. Before doing that uninstall the currently installed browser and after that install it again to your system. This time, you should search it on google and download the new setup for this. You should download that from the official opera site. This is the best and the safest way to solve the problem for you.

I am not sure about this but in my case when I was getting the problem then the reason for that was the crashed operating system. This can also be the problem in your case. So if you want to confirm that problem then the best way for this is to perform the repair for your operating system. Take the bootable Windows 7 CD and insert that to the optical drive of your computer. Boot from that CD and when it asks you that which kind of installation you want to perform then you will have to select repair and press enter. This will start repairing all the files for the operating system and will fix all the corrupted files. Don’t worry, it will not delete any of your personal data or not uninstall any of the software that you have installed in your computer.

OK, if you are not able to solve the problem then you can try one thing. Just delete the cache memory of your phone and along with this delete all the cookies that are saved in your computer. This will remove the entire previously saved password from your computer permanently and once you are one with this then you can again save the password and see if that is able to remember that password. Good Luck!!!