Thread: Autocomplete is not working in Yahoomail

Autocomplete is not working in Yahoomail

I am using Windows 7 and I have installed Firefox on it. I usually mail my employers using Yahoomail. From yesterday night I have started to face very strange problem. I have found that autocomplete function of filling the address is not working properly. Due to this I have to manually enter the email address each and every time and I really annoyed due to this strange problem. For your information I am also having Gmail account which is working awesome. Please tell me if you are having any suggestion to fix this matter. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Autocomplete is not working in Yahoomail

Well I was having the same problem and I have done some research on this particular situation I have found the following points which might be the root cause of the problem. Very basic question the address which you are typing exists on the address book if your answer is no then autocomplete will not work. Also see that you have installed latest Yahoo tool bar on your computer. If any of the condition is false then autocomplete of Yahoomail will not work in any way.

I am having following settings which you can use to solve the matter. Well you have to perform following steps. These steps will make enable Auto Complete in Internet explorer.You have to click on Tools and go to Internet Option. A new dialog box will pop up on the screen you have to click on content tab. Now move to bottom and click on auto complete. Again a new dialog box will open screen where you have to see that web addresses box is checked or not. I am hoping that it will help you to solve the matter.

I was having the same problem. I had asked to my friends regarding this issue. They also told me that same problem was also faced by them. Hence I have concluded this is the major server issue from the Yahoo side. I have also discovered that the Yahoo team is working on this particular situation and I think this problem will disappear very soon. We have to wait till this issue gets resolved.