Thread: Firefox will not create valid Desktop Shortcuts

Firefox will not create valid Desktop Shortcuts

I have been facing a weird problem with Firefox. Recently i have installed the latest version of the Mozilla Firefox Browser which is Firefox 3.6.8. So far what i can observe is that the installation procedure goes perfectly and then it prompts me to keep the shortcut at the desktop start menu etc. But finally when i click on the desktop Firefox icon. It gives me an error message. Please suggest me a solution so that i can run firefox from the desktop itself.

Re: Firefox will not create valid Desktop Shortcuts

Here First of all i would like to know whether you have installed the Mozilla Firefox for the first time or you have some other firefox version already installed on your system. It would be better to get this problem resolved and for resolving the problem you need to get it removed and reinstalled once again but this time you will have to take care that you delete the existing shortcut already present on the desktop.

Well i would suggest you to install the Google Chrome Web browser on your system. "Google Chrome" is the free browser of the search engine provider Google. In terms of speed when displaying web pages of the Google browser can not be beaten. In addition to speed, while loading this page a simple operation is paramount. If you mainly a high-speed surfing goes, "Google Chrome" is the best browser on the market.

The handling of the compact browser is solid. On index tabs, it is possible to edit multiple web pages simultaneously and clearly. A tab can be drag and drop to open as a standalone window. Practical: Restart your browser (if no other home has been fixed), or open a blank tab, you get a list of most visited websites in either as thumbnails or as a link list. On this page you can also anchor your favorite pages. In addition, closed last listed websites and you have direct access to the history list. Bookmarks simply put, by clicking on the star icon in the address bar.

Suitable for "Google" appears, type in the address line of a term, a list ever open pages with this term and any results from the Google search. Have you selected a different default search engine, does the direct result list, however. In this case, you can pass the search term by clicking on the specified search engine. Another weak point of the browser that, for example, news services (RSS feeds) does not display correctly (including COMPUTER ART feeds) is. Nevertheless, "Google Chrome" especially ideal if you need a very fast and compact web browser!