Thread: Wireless card is not detected on Dell xps m1730

Wireless card is not detected on Dell xps m1730

For now I have a problem which says my wireless network adapter built into my laptop no longer detects the wifi network. The wireless card in question is the Intel PRO / Wireless 3945ABG. I already tried reinstalling the drivers first uninstalling the previous ones and wiping files and registry with CCleaner but I have not resolved. The problem however seems to not the card itself ... the orange light blinks trying networks when I update, the message says can not find the net is not immediately appear as if the card appears to be disabled, but after a few seconds and then seems to be really looking for something. I think the problem is the OS that's why I enter I manually restart the PC do not find them anymore. What could be the problem?

Re: Wireless card is not detected on Dell xps m1730

Well first you do a test with Nestumbler, install it and see if the problem persists. The application will definitely help you to diagnose the problem with your network card but if you still face some error. I think you must try to update the drivers which are installed already on the system. Download the drivers from the official website of the manufacturer and install it on your system.

Ok thanks, I tried the procedure which you have mentioned in your above reply. As I though the network card is working perfectly and It detects the available networks. I tried to install Intel Pro Set Wireless which is the program management instead of using Intel Zero Configuration is only species as a program when the PC starts and nothing else do you have any other idea.

Look at that problem It appears as a design flaw of hp, To solve this problem i think it is due to overheating of the motherboard for the chipset welding regain his consistency, in addition must be added to the plates to prevent ex DICIP warming, and after this procedure, to have good contact with the chipset recognizes 100% all devices, EYE, if not taken care soon going to stop sending video until the computer completely dies, I am a technician in this area of computers. Hope i have fixed.

Member, same problem, only I've just formatted and the problem persists, now I try to install NetStumbler. Nothing, not even NetStumbler detects networks, the strange thing is that prior to the stated format at least netstumbler. Also I have verified that it works zero config and it works! Now try again to install the drivers.

Recently bought a Dell Vostro 3700 (new model) and when I install ubuntu, my wireless card is not detected as windows 7. In short it is a problem of drivers on windows I installed the dell drivers (from their site) but for ubuntu. What can I do? I do not really have the courage and knowledge to make the drivers myself. In the meantime I remain with a single-boot Windows 7 and if you can help me I would spend bin in single-boot Ubuntu 10.04

To me has been the same, acer aspire one, suddenly disconnected from the Internet and is unable to detect wireless networks. I try to reinstall the drivers wireles card and start the installation program warns me that I have no card installed. Entered into the system, device manager and surprise, the card actually has disappeared. But Finally a trick worked for me I just had to activate the proprietary drivers and everything worked.