Thread: Internet Explorer 8 Shuts Down When Something Entered in Search Bar

Internet Explorer 8 Shuts Down When Something Entered in Search Bar

I contain a Dell Desktop windows XP Service pack 3 with Internet Explorer 8. All of a unexpected my Internet Explorer 8 shuts down instantly at what time I attempt to type whatever thing into the search Bar present in top right corner. I do not make use of a particular search bar, just the Internet Explorer 8 one. As per my knowledge I have not loaded any new application. The whole thing else works and I do not make out what to do. Can you assist? I also found that it will not shutdown when I open Internet Explorer 8 with no add-ons from 'All Programs-> Accessories -> System Tools'. Thank in advance for any suggestion to this issue. Your suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: Internet Explorer 8 Shuts Down When Something Entered in Search Bar

Have you check for any virus or malware. I will recommend you to download AVG anti-virus. Before installing the AVG, go to start and select control panel and click on Add or remove program and uninstall any other anti-virus if already installed. Also run a cleanup utility to completely uninstall the anti-virus and after that do a fresh install of AVG: This moment pick the CUSTOM install choice and make sure not to install Linkscanner as well as Search-Shield and Active Surf-Shield as well as Identity Protection and Security toolbar or else any of the email scanning components. After that run a scan and when scan is finished see whether the problem persist or not.

If you have scan your system by means of any anti-virus and did not find anything. So I will recommend you to try this one. Open internet explorer 8 and go to Safety on the menu bar. Click Delete browsing history. This will remove all your browsing history as well as if you are familiar with your passwords for whichever websites unmark the top box and verify the first three. Finally click Delete. Try this and let me know the result.

Thanks for your suggestion but after running FiXIt the trouble appears to have disappeared. And AVG Free edition. I make use of SuperAntiSpyWare as well as Malware Bytes also. There was a Norton anti-virus and Symantec application installed on the system a long time ago I have removed this (I hope all) and have looked diligently to try to get rid of it. System is slow now however that trouble has disappeared.