Thread: What is Encrypted Google and SSL

What is Encrypted Google and SSL

Today morning while i have started my internet routine with the Opera, it is showing me Google Beta SSl home page and below is a link "Go to Classic". I need to What is Encrypted Google and SSL. I have set the Google as my home page then how come it got automatically changed. If you are having any detail about same then do let me know. Thanks in advance.

Re: What is Encrypted Google and SSL

With the increasingly emerging privacy concerns in using the Internet, the question arises as to blur its digital fingerprint, or at least less can make. One approach to providing the search engine provider Google . The group offers with https://www.google.com now a more secure version of its search engine to.

Encrypted
    This made the search requests with the SSL encryption protocol to be concealed from data thieves. This enables hackers and other prying network sniffer not private preferences or interests that we follow through Google read. The service is still in beta testing phase. Thus, the image search or the map service Google Maps is still not encrypted.

Next step
    In its online applications Gmail and Google Docs, the company has for some time to SSL encryption. With the implementation in the search engine will be the next big step towards safer Internet.

Interesting move by Google to provide search encrypted with SSL in your browser to anyone except them of course, to know you're looking for. And before you talk about privacy, imagine how you can help people in countries like China which are constantly monitored. TOR proxy count one and perhaps, with luck, some governments can hide what you're doing on your PC. + Features : SSL Search and Google SSL.

You are right, that ride in the url parameters or POST is the same in terms of security that comes from https. Encryption protects you against espionage-attacks "in the middle", and in between the full url is encrypted. Of course, if someone has access to your PC (your browser) (is looking over your shoulder, malware) https can not protect you.

But it is worth mentioning another scenario that can tease the Chinese (or others) who want to be sure: if you're browsing from a company with an https proxy, that act as a "man in the middle", and read everything - but For this the user will have to accept the certificate as a trusted proxy (or use a browser to accept certificates and setpoint by the company.

As announced on his blog , Mountain View has put in place a mechanism to secure the search you do in the famous engine. Nothing new in the engine itself. The novelty lies in the communication between him and you, now secured by SSL so, says Google, "to help ensure that your search terms and results pages can not be intercepted by others in the network ". For now the service is in beta and only the basic service (text mode) is concerned.