Thread: Google Analytics VS. AWStats

Google Analytics VS. AWStats

I had a query regarding Google Analytics vs. AWStats. There appears to be an inconsistency between the 2 programs. Why are the 2 numbers so dissimilar while I seem at my Google referrers in AWStats as opposite to Google Analytics? I am just speculating which one is more precise. For example in Google Analytics I can observe a lot of traffic coming through one of my sites, but it doesn't emerge to be even close to that number in AWStats. I'm just not certain what number is more exact. That is which number is more precise when it comes to my genuine traffic? I utilize both programs as I am not completely certain which one to rely on. Well that and they both have characteristics that the further one does not. Anyone have a few inputs?

Re: Google Analytics VS. AWStats

There are two major technological approaches to gathering web analytics data. The primary technique, logfile analysis which utilized by AWStats, reads the logfile in which the web server evidences all its transactions. The next technique, page classification, utilizes JavaScript on every page to report a third-party server while a page is rendered by a web browser. the dissimilarities you observe between the two solutions is because of two major factors:
    1. file caching: if a recurring visitor has file caching facilitated on his web browser (generally it is the case) the demand for the file he previously viewed will not be sent to the web server, and he will observe a local copy, so AWStats will not spot multiple visits occasionally.
    2. Page tagging relies on the client browser willingly providing the analytical information demanded. A few browsers immobilize some data collection for security causes.

The major advantages of logfile analysis are the truth that the data is previously logged by your web server. Each transaction is evidenced by the web server regardless of the visitor’s browser. And this statistics is on your server straight in typical format so you don't rely on a third party server. One more benefit is the truth that logfile gives information regarding visits from search engine spiders, unsuccessful requests which is truly essential if you wish to optimize your website. The major benefits of page tagging are that the JavaScript is called each time the page is loaded so you can track exactly your visitor’s performances constant if they are loading the web pages close by from their cache. It can as well details on events that don’t involve a request to the web server. Page tagging is sufficient if you sprint E-business websites, or if you necessitate to track your visitors performance.

Here I also want to add something regarding this topic. I newly setup the google analytics cipher and as well sprint AWStats. The dissimilarity in reported traffic is massive. Google analytics details regarding 1/3 the traffic which AWStats does. Google analytics smashed down the traffic in helpful ways that AWStats does not, but the generally amount of traffic reported is far away.

Spiders and bots cannot implement Google Analytics cipher; this only prohibits much traffic especially if you have AdSense on your pages. Google Analytics script sets an unrelenting cookie to track user's steering and visits despite of the IP address, this is not probable by digging the server logs unaccompanied. I think Google Analytics provides you more precise stats. The downward side is that there's an obvious latency each once eventually while loading pages seeded with Google Analytics tracking cipher.