Thread: Is Google Analytics Inaccurate

Is Google Analytics Inaccurate

I just heard that Google Analytics is inaccurate, is this true? Because I searched on many sites and people says it is inaccurate. Don’t know whether it is true or not. I also searched on google, but fail to get the answer. Therefore I come over here. Is there anyone know or ever heard about this? If anyone has any information regarding this, then please provide me. All information appreciated deeply.

Re: Is Google Analytics Inaccurate

Lots of ecommerce merchants utilize Google Analytics to track guest movement on their sites. But there are additional analytics firms, which present services to merchants. One of them is ClickTale, an Israel-based firm with over 40,000 customers, according to its co-founder. That co-founder is Tal Schwartz that is both an educational and a capitalist. He started on ClickTale in 2006 while he was training entrepreneurship at a university. He says ClickTale is currently “the business leader in client experience analytics, providing commerce’s with revolutionary insights into their client’s online behavior.” ClickTale is hosted service, with monthly costs ranging from $0 to $750. Schwartz is both an admirer of Google Analytics and a detractor.

First, I should clarify that we utilize Google Analytics, and are big admirers. On the other hand, it has quite a lot of major limits that its users should be conscious of. The limitation is based on Google Analytics’ technique for scheming “Time on Page” and “Time on Site.” Google Analytics computes these values as below:
    1. It records while a guest unlocks the initial page.
    2. It records while a visitor unlocks the next page.
    3. It deducts these twice and calls the result “Time on Page”
    4. It puts in all the “Times on Page” to make “Time on Site”

The trouble, as I understand it, with including a bouncer as visitor is that Google Analytics and lots of additional page tagging based analytics packages do not contain method to compute duration for a bounced visitor. Because of this, every bounces are counted as zero period visitors that I will concur is inaccurate, but still does not alter the fact a successful visit could have been achieved. In the comments somebody stated utilizing the PageAlizer tool that allegedly is able to compute duration for a bounce.