Thread: Single analytic code for multiple sites

Single analytic code for multiple sites

Is it possible to utilize single analytic code for many sites? I have 15 sites, I place similar code in all sites, and in the website name, I type my15sites.com , the website my15sites.com does not exist, I just utilize it as a name, the trouble is, it keeps saying that analytics code have not been setup. Therefore, I alter the website name to one of my site and then later than few minute, it exhibits I have installed analytics. The query I wish to ask is, will analytics tracks my every sites or just single site which I have talk about.

Re: Single analytic code for multiple sites

I am not precisely certain that I understood the whole thing which you have said here but no you cannot utilize the similar code for several sites. You can utilize the similar account for numerous sites but you will require adding every site separately into the account. I would personally recommend making a split account for every of your sites as utilizing single account will simply permit your opponents to find them all.

Newly I am functioning on a client's site. Some on page function was previously done and the Google analytic code previously installed. But unexpectedly I exposed that the client is utilizing an analytic code which is there in few other sites. Means 5 of the client's sites are utilizing similar code. I am surprised later than I observed that. Commonly I know via single analytic ID we can hold multiple websites in it, but each and every site should be unconnectedly added and should have split accounts. I not at all heard that single analytic code can be utilized in over single site. So what I know is incorrect. Isn't it?

How much I know about this, it is up to what the user is annoying to perform actually. There is no technological cause to not have the similar code on many sites, frequently, specifically if every site, belong to single company. Obviously, few people do it accidentally and speculate why their analytics does not function appropriately.

It does contaminate your Google analytics, as standard reports will exhibit collective data in its place of data per site. This can severely hinder you in analyzing every site's performance and increase imminent in to what you want to develop. You can effort around this with no putting novel tracking codes on every site by making a divide profile in Google analytics for every site, and apply a filter to all to just calculate traffic to a precise domain name. For instance if you have mysite1.com, mysite2.com, and so on, all utilizing the similar tracking code, you setup a dissimilar profile in Google Analytic for every site. After that for the profile for mysite1.com, you construct a filter:
    Code:
    Filter type: Cus filter > Include 
    Filter field: Hostname 
    Filter pattern: (^mysite1\.com|\.mysite1\.com)
    And after that you do the similar for mysite2.com, mysite3.com, and so forth. Every profile will afterward just exhibit the data for traffic to that particular domain.