Thread: Google Analytics vs. Piwik

Google Analytics vs. Piwik

I have just newly heard that it may not be in an associate marketer’s top interest to utilize Google analytics, any fact to that? As well, I was looking at substitutes and establish an open source site called Piwik, anyone utilizing it? Here I am totally confused what to do. Anyone have any idea about this? Or anyone give me proper direction about what to choose and what not? Please provide your comments, it’s really useful for me.

Re: Google Analytics vs. Piwik

The majority of them have knowledge of Google analytics. For those who don’t know “Google analytics is a gratis website tracker from Google”. Utilizing Google analytics you can track your visitors and additional correlated information. Piwik is somewhat same to Google analytics but Piwik it is an open source. Piwik aspires to be an open source substitute to Google Analytics. Is it probable for Piwik to go beyond Google Analytics? What is your consideration? I don’t think it can! Because I have the below causes:
    1. Installing Piwik is not as simple as Google analytics and needs programming knowledge
    2. Statistics is stocked up in our server that will consume bandwidth and space

1. Google Analytics is nice. Not anything to doubt about:
      • It is gratis
      • It has an excellent interface
      • It is truly simple to understand
      • It is truly simple to setup
      • It runs on Google servers

2. What is excellent about Piwik:
      • It is gratis too
      • It has a quite good and configurable interface
      • It quite simple to setup, even if it is not as simple as Google Analytics
      • The data is stocked up on your personal server: you manage the data, you can do additional analysis and you can connect analytics data with further data.
      • You can access raw data

I think Piwik will not go beyond Google Analytics, as not everybody will wish to setup software. However, if you require access to the raw data, if you do not wish to provide Google all your data, and so on, Piwik seems like a truly good substitute.

Newly setup Piwik; setup was easy if you are utilizing to setting up applications like WordPress and so on. I at present have both Google Analytics and Piwik setup on the site. I know this is superfluous but I am wanted the API to give stats for a multi user site and Google is only not there with the API. Where is the Google API with no installing the CAKE? Up to now Piwik appears to effort immense.

For me it is like contrasting a personal car with a rental car. Sure, the rental one as a integrate GPS and a few other features, but it is not your personal. And you have to pay for it as well. What the majority people overlook is that you have to pay for Google Analytics, also. Not with money but with your privileges. What would you say if your rental car company would send you snail mail with ads regarding places you have been? Or sell your own data? Or gas stations settle on their price for gas in dependency of your way?