Thread: Will AOL Instant Messenger record sessions

Will AOL Instant Messenger record sessions

Many times ago I have installed the ICQ like others to chat with my friends. But after some time when I was reading about this then I come to know that this all meetings stored on to the web server . So regarding this I want to know that whether this is legal or not. How can the law enforce it? So related to this issue I want information from your side so if you have any suggestion regarding this then please help me.

Re: Will AOL Instant Messenger record sessions

After reading this issue when I searched regarding this then I come to know that it is "legal" but in the Different countries, different customs, different laws, other legal situation. ICQ comes from the USA and is now (as far as I informed and up to date) am a Russian company. There seems everything you do ICQ, to be legal, so it's not interested. So this is what I know I hope this will help you.

In the terms of which each has accepted the registration is the so-deposited and even go right through most of the transfers to ICQ or its operators. For example: you post your friend a poem via ICQ, that's so cool that you can sell it for much money, then Yahoo has the exclusive marketing rights. For this and the Data Security Legal wrongdoing is any recommend a free XMPP messaging protocol, such as use and / or encrypt messages with at least its OTR and / or SSL / TLS.

If the data subject to data protection they can not publish. This legal right can be thanks to the "Safe Harbor" also against companies in the U.S., at least in theory. If in doubt, but it is a company ... and you have enough money to enforce the court may. Whether there is such a regime with Russia, I do not know rather think not. And even if it is even harder to enforce, since Russia is well known, even more corrupt than Western countries. So regarding this one solution is that do not use ICQ, Jabber, but that even have all the people with GMail account automatically and Facebook to use it, albeit limited. And other solution is use OTR encryption, then the private company market only rubbish.

if you register with Yahoo, you have indeed any license agreements, terms, conditions of use and other legal clauses. If you accept that Yahoo may also up those talks too. Gmail, Google may also read your mail. If you participate in Gmail, you also have to agree to such clauses! So like this you can do it.