Thread: What is Google Redirect 404?

What is Google Redirect 404?

have a little problem on my website have been updated recently, including friendly urls have changed, the problem is that all addresses that Google has indexed give error 404 as good now are the others. Is there some way to redirect a particular url consider for example if we want to redirect a url ending with wallpaper45.htm to a new url which ends with img45.htm? (The number is the id, that would change) If you can, as I get 404 to go automatically to the beginning of my site? Thank you very much.

Re: What is Google Redirect 404?

For redirects created when two rules are in conflict, the rule applies that is listed first. So if we are 100 pages in HTML 5 to be redirected to new pages and the other 95 to the home page, it is necessary that the general rule /(.*. html) is not the first place else redirect also cancel the 5 specific and will only redirect the home page. The plugin can also be used to set up an automatic redirect when editing a URL to a post from WordPress to force the redirect pages index.php and index.html, to force the removal or addition of www before the domain name.

In the case of a conversion of a site change many addresses, including those of the images. Looking at the 404 errors we can realize that many sites "sponging" our images download from our server without even deigning to thank with a link to our site. With this plugin we can take advantage of the error 404 and use that as a way to advertise to our blog, conjuring up an image like this on these sites. All we have to do is create a redirect from the old folder of images to an image with a written message and that's all.

I do not think it's a good idea to use this plugin to change the link structure of the site, you may wish to change the structure directly from the admin panel → permalink. In any case you lose you have to consider the links indexed on the engines, if your site is new so there are no problems, but if you have thousands of unique visitors a day then I think you keep the converted link itself.

Yes and No, until Google sends users to a old url visits are redirected to the new page, but you can not have any guarantee that the old page will remain well-indexed long as it contains a redirect, and even the new page will be able to take their place as effective positioning. is a risk that must be assessed for good, depends on the number of articles already published, the number of Backlinks that these items have and the amount of hits you get. If you have a few articles and a few Backlinks to internal pages you can precede with no problems, otherwise I will not recommend.

So my advice is not to use the Plugin and change the Permalink directly from the panel of WordPress. then through the access statistics in a few days see how many and which pages you have 404 errors (old url) generate these errors 404. 404 if the errors are few or no you do not do anything. If you have a lot of errors from multiple old pages, then set the redirect for each page.